Today's the day! DMR update available

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone!

Today's the day we've all been waiting for!

The initial DMR update for the whistler WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, and WS1098 scanners will be available today through your PC app. Check back later today for the free upgrade! As a reminder these scanners WILL NOT DO NXDN. That upgrade will only be available for the new TRX-1 and TRX-2.
Happy downloading!!

*********************************************************************************************************************

Please update your scanner in the following order:
1st - update the PC app
2nd - update the CPU
3rd - update the DSP

After updating your scanner the update revision number should be:
PC App 2.8
WS1080/88 CPU version is 3.3
WS1095/98 CPU version is 2.3
DSP version for all is 2.1

Please note: This is the initial DMR release, additional DMR feature enhancements are in process and will be available shortly. Stay tuned!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah...throw us a bone here. A little setup help would be appreciated! I don't see anything for setting up a conventional DMR channel, only trunked.

MichaelBhere

Yeah...throw us a bone here. A little setup help would be appreciated! I don't see anything for setting up a conventional DMR channel, only trunked.

The original press release indicated

Conventional DMR (Entered as a DMR trunked system)

DonS

Is there any documentation?

I don't think there are any written docs specifically for this update.

It's pretty trivial, though...

* All DMR is currently handled as trunked systems, including "conventional" (e.g. DMR-MARC repeaters)
* All types of DMR get one system type --- "DMR"
* Each frequency in a site can be tied to a specific color code (i.e. if that frequency is used by two or more transmitters "in range"). This option appears as a new column in the list of frequencies for a site.
* At present, if you're entering conventional DMR channels as a trunked system and the same TGID has more than one use (e.g. a single TGID value has different meanings based on slot or frequency), you'll need to create multiple trunked systems. A TGID must be unique within a trunked system. The firmware does not currently differentiate between slots.

An example of the last item is this: Los Angeles County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
One TGID ("1") has different uses depending on frequency. You'd need to create two trunked systems, one for each frequency.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks Don, I just started a new thread re: Programming where I brought up that exact point. I have a conventional frequency local to me that uses TG 100 on both slots.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Tried to do the upgrade, but getting the Waiting for Main Unit message....had to do a power off for 30 seconds to get it back.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Did you hold down the menu button while plugging in the scanner? This is required for the CPU fw portion.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.