BCT15X: Audio Cut Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy173

Feed Provider
I have a Uniden BCT15X scanner and I've noticed lately that for no reason the audio cuts out. The scanner is in the same spot and is never moved. Only thing is I turn it on and off, when the audio cuts out if I plug in a set of ear phones the audio comes back on.

Any information on this would be great.

MFCJR

It is possible that the headphone jack is sticking. If you can hear audio with the headphone plugged in but not when unplugged try working the head plug in and out of the jack several times to work it free and see if that helps. Otherwise it could be a lose connection.

Jeremy173

Feed Provider
Thanks very much for that info. It was working fine until I updated the frequencies just now using the software. Now it won't work again. It does seem to be the earphone jack though that is causing the issue.

Blackink

You might want to list what software you're using with the scanner, just in case someone has a thought as to why you're having the problem.
Updating the frequencies by using the software might have enabled/activated other features on your scanner that you may not be aware of.

Jeremy173

Feed Provider
Thanks Blackink, very good point, currently I use the software by Butel, ARC PRO for Uniden XT series scanners. I still feel it is something in the ear phone jack though as I noticed last night when the speaker wasn't working, when I plugged a set of ear phones in just a bit (not all the way in) the speaker started working. You'd think the opposite would happen. Either way that is a good point. I'll do some research on the software. I may even clear the scanner and program it by hand to see what happens.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If the audio cuts out every couple of seconds then check to make sure the CloseCall is not on. Look for a weird looking "C" on the display just below and to the left of the GPS button.

Jeremy173

Feed Provider
If the audio cuts out every couple of seconds then check to make sure the CloseCall is not on. Look for a weird looking "C" on the display just below and to the left of the GPS button.

I wish that was the case but it isn't. The other day it stopped working and I barley plugged in a set of ear phones and speaker came back on. If the ear phones are plugged all the way in there is sound in them. I think it has to do with the board for the ear phone jack.

Voyager

It is possible that the headphone jack is sticking. If you can hear audio with the headphone plugged in but not when unplugged try working the head plug in and out of the jack several times to work it free and see if that helps. Otherwise it could be a lose connection.

+1 on this. If the earphone restores the audio, it is the audio bypass jumper that is not making connection correctly. The proposed solution usually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.