Uniden repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Sent in my 536HP overnight by Fedex last Friday. Since it was a holiday weekend I figure they actually wouldn't even know it's there until 2 days ago. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to acknowledge that it is in their system?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've had two experiences with sending scanners in to Uniden, the most recent of which was just a couple of weeks ago.

According to UPS tracking, they received it on a Friday. I got confirmation from Uniden the following Wednesday. It was on its way back two days later.

Moose

Well, it's now Friday morning, a week after I sent the radio in. Nothing yet. I'll have to check with Fedex to confirm radio was delivered.

Moose

Checked with Fedex. Package was received by Uniden on Tuesday. Not entered into their system yet.

garys

Premium Subscriber
My unit was received by them on 5/19 and the status has not changed. I think that's Uniden repair for all of their products, not just scanners and that they are busy.

Moose

Does that mean it was noted by your sender (Ups, Fedex, etc) as being received by Uniden. Or has Uniden noted in their system that it has your scanner. It's been a week since Fedex dropped mine off and I've yet to get any confirmation from Uniden.

D

darunimal

No worries, they failed to send any kind of status update to me, finally the update that was posted on the SRO page that it was being packaged and ready to be shipped. They aren't polling there data nightly to show received, in repair, post repair, just ready to be shipped which bumps the Item is Repaired or it's not updated to the web side. Why they can't, I have no idea, and not once did I receive an email from them on anything about the Repair not even the email to get the shipping label to start, I printed the label 28hrs later from the open page about emailing when labels ready, backed up one page and choose Print. I finally called and they said email was correct and S/N were correct, I was reassured it was ready to be repaired and that I should receive email updates but they never came, I checked daily with my 4 digit Status number which led me to my SRO number and a dead end, until like I said, item was ready to be shipped, so I had to cut down the web address to repair.uniden.com and it didn't update until after it was repaired.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The only recent incoming shipment I see from New Jersey was delivered yesterday. But, I had to do a pretty wide search (no search results for "Moose").

Moose

Paul, thank you for your reply. It was picked up here in Hillside, NJ (07205) on May 27 and Fedex shows it was delivered to the repair facility on May 31. It's in the name of my company which I am reluctant to post online. If I can PM you with that info as well as my personal name I will. The radio was packed with a description of the problem and a company check.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In that case, I can't search for it. If it came in through the campaign I'd have all the shipping records (since we pay for round trip shipping).

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Business as usual at the ol uniden repair center.

Moose, Uniden is infamous for having no customer relations skills in their repair department.. Call this number :
Repair Department:
1-800-235-3874 Mon-Fri 8:00A.M to 4:30.M C.S.T

They can get you more information. I sent in my "working "436HP for a clock fix. I received the scanner back DEAD! As in nothing, nada, zilch. I had to call back and explain my problem. They told me I would receive a Fedex shipping label in the mail to ship my radio BACK to them. Two days went by and I was the one who called THEM back to finally get a label sent. My unit arrived on May 31st according to Fedex. I called AGAIN today because I had not received an acknowledgement via email with an SRO stating that they had it. Finally, the lady on the phonetoday, after some firm persistence on my part, searched and miraculously I received the SRO number which should have been emailed to me according to their procedure. So call them and explain your situation, you might get more info about your 536 that way.

Manny

Last edited:

Moose

Ok. I was just curious about the time frame from when it arrives at Uniden and when it shows up on the status report that is accessible on their website. If nothing shows by Friday, I'll give them a call. Not rushing the repair, mind you. Just checking to see if it's been put in the system.

garys

Premium Subscriber
My radio is repaired and in line to be shipped. I sent it back because the large scroll knob was inoperative and the display was dim. They fixed those, did the battery mod (RTC?). Under parts used the repair order also says "chassis".

I have no idea what that last means.

Status
Not open for further replies.