Boston Fire Dispatch channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
I was in Boston last month and noticed that my scanner was picking up Boston 's dispatch channel, but I don't hear it on any of the scanner apps I use to listen to the BFD. does anyone know if or how I can listen to it? Thank you.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
It went quiet after narrow banding and reappeared after 2-1/2 years or so with voice allocution in place of live operators. I think most people streaming removed it when it went quiet and never added it back in. I would send the feed provider an email asking them to add it back in.

ecps92

BFD-S5

Premium Subscriber
That was just an amp failure. All set now.

JB

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info, however I have been listening to Boston Fire for a few years now on line and have never heard the dispatch channel. I listen via a couple of different aps that I got on line. Is there some other place I should go to listen ? Thank you !

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Frank, there should be a link on the feed providers page to contact them. Click on that and request that they add it. Other than that, I don't know of any feeds that already have it.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Frank, there should be a link on the feed providers page to contact them. Click on that and request that they add it. Other than that, I don't know of any feeds that already have it.
Their are 2 feeds on the Proscan client.Hard to follow as they have alot of other agencies being streamed.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

BFD-S5

Premium Subscriber
Channels BFD-1 & BFD-5 now available on Zello.

KB1UAM

Boston Fire Now on Zello

There are 2 listen only Channels on Zello now that include Boston Channel 5 on 453.6500 and Boston FD channel 1 on 483.1625 listen only. Everyone on Zello should add these 2 channels. Crystal clear reception and audio on both channels. Both channels are live audio with only about a 2-3 second delay. These channels are provided by Boston Fire Alarm operators at the dispatch center.

coolrich55

When they bought that system did they have an option as to what type of voice they could use? I was on vacation in Las Vegas and the Henderson FD had the same system with the same "lady" voice.

BFD-S5

Premium Subscriber
The software is Dragon Naturally Speaking. We just use the default voice.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.