edacs/ltr/dmr lcn.....
then Im on the screen where
its asks to input system name...

I enter the system I programed
in..
DMR SEARCH TEST

No Sytems Found Matching my entry....

Where am i going wrong?

I cannot locate the procedure in the 436 manual,,or the easy to read manual either

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Been trying to use the LCN finder..
OK.
Go to analyze,
edacs/ltr/dmr lcn.....
then Im on the screen where
its asks to input system name...

I enter the system I programed
in..
DMR SEARCH TEST

No Sytems Found Matching my entry....

Where am i going wrong?

I cannot locate the procedure in the 436 manual,,or the easy to read manual either

I usually use the scroll knob and scroll to the first letter of the system, then tap the knob. If you spell out the whole name every little thing has to match.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
When it asks for system name, just hit the scroll bar, and it will list every system in the favorite list. One other thing, the favorite list must be active in your scan selection.

I usually use the scroll knob and scroll to the first letter of the system, then tap the knob. If you spell out the whole name every little thing has to match.

Tried that too..
entered

D for DMR

no systems found.

But ...figured it out..

First I was entering the FL name...Worng...
Then entered the SYSTEM..no luck...
So I enabled the SYSTEM...DoH...Success!

Re read your post and it clicked when I read SYSTEM...

Thank You! Already found two of the LCN's

TxDuster

Premium Subscriber
The only way I got it to see the system I wanted to look at after entering everything was to:
Manage Favorites>(Favorite list with the system)>Review Edit System>(select system in question)>Edit System Options>ID Search ... turn on..

Take this with a bag of salt as I have that the scanner for a very short time and just tried this last night.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The system needs to be scannable (i.e. not avoided, quick key(s) enabled, and either has scannable channels or, if no channels must be in ID Search mode).

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
I've done the search for LCN 3 different times and about 9 of the frequencies change their number, the other 5 stay the same. This is on a CON with multiple 14 frequencies.

tyytor

BCD436HP: How to Access the LCN Finder

is there a step by step guide to figure out the lcn for a CAP+ system,
i know there is information scatterd throughout the forums,
I do not have ARC536 so I'm programming everything by hand
thanks

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you know all the frequencies for the system, program it in as MotoTRBO and just put in random LCNs. Then, run the LCN finder in the scanner. Note that the scanner can only determine the LCN on a frequency if the frequency is in use. A slow CAP+ system might stay on the same frequency for hours at a time, so LCN finder can take a long time to complete.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
If you know all the frequencies for the system, program it in as MotoTRBO and just put in random LCNs. Then, run the LCN finder in the scanner. Note that the scanner can only determine the LCN on a frequency if the frequency is in use. A slow CAP+ system might stay on the same frequency for hours at a time, so LCN finder can take a long time to complete.

so will the LCN finder put them in order for you?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
so will the LCN finder put them in order for you?
As it finds the correct LCN for each frequency, it will update that frequency to show the correct LCN value. It's not going to re-sort the site frequencies, but each frequency found will be tagged with the found LCN value. Frequencies that were not 'found', such as ones that were not used by the system (like for low activity as UPMan noted) will have an LCN value of 0 (zero).

Don't forget to save whatever was found before exiting LCN finder.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Instead of using the first letter/scroll knob, I press the "E" key and all of the scannable trunk systems show up. As Upman says, make sure that it's not avoided and is active. If you don't have any TGs turned on, set "ID Search" to on in the system settings for that particular system.

Status
Not open for further replies.