UHF Trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

A little bird told me a few weeks ago that a 2 way radio dealer in Bartlesville has been erecting towers in KS and OK . Matter of fact they just brought 1 up online just 3 miles south of my location and another interesting story is Osage Co Sheriff is fixing to go UHF Trunked . The Company owner stated it was getting very costly to the county to maintain the radios in the mobiles and towers . I do remember back years ago the south osage county repeater was always having issues . If it was down the deputy had to use the north repeater .

SCPD

QRT
Towers are already up and multiple sites are currently active across Kansas and Oklahoma.. An update to the RRDB has been submitted and is waiting for the database admins to process.
As for Osage County, the candidates for sheriff have expressed interest in converting the current radio system into either a non-trunked NXDN system or buying channels on the existing UHF trunked system. Or they may buy channels on the VHF trunked system. Which is tied in with the UHF side. The Osage Tribal Police may also provide some funds for this as Osage County Sheriff handles calls for the Tribal Police.
Of course this really depends on who actually gets elected and how much funds are truly available. Time will tell.

N5TWB

TRX-1/-2 from Whistler as supposed to get a NXDN update later this year.

I think I'm approaching the threshold where the money required and the brain cells available to learn another scanner O/S, i.e. Object-oriented, may be crossed in my life. We shall see.

KOK5CY

I'm sure Osage Co will jump on board and maybe OHP since they have a UHF relay up in Pawhuska .

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting a full signal NXDN control channel here in Broken Arrow on 464.3000. DSD is saying it is site 8.

Database does not have the frequency listed except for the Coffeyville site. Looking at FCC database, I do not see a location near BA licensed for the channel.

SCPD

QRT
What would these sites be used for?
This isn't affecting Kansas statewide system is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montgomery County is currently in the process of building out a county wide radio system. Eventually, all the agencies in in county will move to that system and have the ability to roam from site to site.

No. This is not tied into the KSCIS system and it doesn't effect it.

SCPD

QRT
Action Communications Trunking System, Varies, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
It looks like there is an error here.
009 (9) New Prue 466.60000
is probably supposed to be 461.600. Trunked repeater outputs are not allowed in the 465-470 range. The only license in that area is
WQOH542 (CENTURION HEALTH SYSTEMS, LLC) FCC Callsign Details

Looks like they are operating the system without a license again. They've been dinged several times for operating repeaters without a license from the FCC.

SCPD

QRT
It has been here for a few weeks. I can get fairly strong signal with no antenna attached.

The site 8 repeater is in Broken Arrow. From what I've heard over the radio, its at or close to the top of a 700ft tower in the area.

peterjmag

Great scanning everyone. Wow I am so out of the loop LOL. I"m glad to hear that Action is setting up an alternative system for all the users mentioned and active on the system but yes the owner is notorious for getting dinged on not getting proper licensing. I hope he can get that straighten out for it sounds like a really nice system he has set up. Just another reason to save up for a DMR scanner that is coming out =)

KOK5CY

Unfortunately I'm not able to hear any of the traffic . my j-pole is only 25' ft up but I'm able to pick up vinita , Craig , Ottawa , Delaware counties . it's amazing when this bct15x is set up correctly . . just wished I could hear Troop B but to far from the tower . I have 3 with in range . happy scanning everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.