Guelph Transit >> TRAPEZE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkraemer

Premium Subscriber
Guelph Transit has never joined the Guelph City Services (Cap+ TRBO) system. I heard from a friend of mine (who is a bus driver) told me today that they are moving to a TRAPEZE System starting next week (~June 13 - 2016). Please keep any learned detail in this thread .I'll add detail as I learn it.

SCPD

QRT
Guelph Transit has never joined the Guelph City Services (Cap+ TRBO) system. I heard from a friend of mine (who is a bus driver) told me today that they are moving to a TRAPEZE System starting next week (~June 13 - 2016). Please keep any learned detail in this thread .I'll add detail as I learn it.

Pretty sure Guelph transit joined the TRBO system as TRBO noise replaced nice clear analog voice a while back.

mciupa

So, have they converted what was the analog UHF frequencies over to DMR or are they new frequencies?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Trapeze is a management system; doesn't look like it's a radio system.

You are probably correct, there are a couple of those systems that incorporate the radio as part of everything else, INIT is another popular one and Hamilton uses something else but you can't use the radio in the bus until you have logged on to your ranger terminal.

jkraemer

Premium Subscriber
So, have they converted what was the analog UHF frequencies over to DMR or are they new frequencies?

I've monitored the Guelph City Services for the better part of a year now. Guelph Transit has never been heard; no idea where they are. Yes, all the licensed frequencies are on DMR now CAP+.

jkraemer

Premium Subscriber
Transit according to the RFQ was to use a separate AVL system from the rest of Guelph radios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed - transit comms found on 410.01250 & 412.01250 (both Analog) over the last 24 hours. Thanks all.

mciupa

Confirmed - transit comms found on 410.01250 & 412.01250 (both Analog) over the last 24 hours. Thanks all.

Thanks for your confirmation, info added to the database. :)

Last edited:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
There's no voice on Trapeze so I'm not sure what they're holding out for.

jkraemer

Premium Subscriber
There's no voice on Trapeze so I'm not sure what they're holding out for.

The City of Guelph RFQ of 2013 included a mandatory requirement for AVL/GPS support as well as digital voice. Does trapese utilize data (telemetry) exchange?

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
The Trapeze system is way beyond just an AVL system. Take a ride on a Burlington, Hamilton or Barrie transit bus if you'd like to see it in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.