LBI frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVFC462

Feed Provider
Good morning all,

i am looking to see if anyone can assist me with programming my scanners for my vacation trip to LBI next week. I have looked at all of the databases and i understand the conventional frequencies but do any of the island boroughs / townships (Surf City, Ship Bottom, Long Beach [North Beach & Brant Beach], Harvey Cedars, Beach Haven, Barnegat Light) use the county trunk system? I am staying in Surf City and would like to listen to mostly Fire frequencies but police systems wouldnt hurt to have in the scanners.

I use proscan for all of my programming if that helps you all with giving me instructions on what to program.

Thanks in advance.

-KBB

Last edited:

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
When I visited last year all Fire and EMS communications were on the conventional frequencies listed on the Ocean County database page :Local Fire/EMS section under Long Beach Island Emergency Services. The network is relatively new so it probably is still the system used. I have read that there have been PD changes, with Long Beach Township going DMR and also that Surf City and Ship Bottom are dispatched by County (on their own frequencies?) but someone with more familiarity with the area could best provide current details.

Mark S

Status
Not open for further replies.