BCD436HP/BCD536HP: DMR Upgrade, no choice for DMR in UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

Ok purchased DMR upg, ran Sentinal reports I have latest firmware, but under SETTINGS>UPGRADE
only choice is for PROVOICE.

FW 1.10.02

Applying the Upgrade
Download and install the latest version of Sentinel from ...
Use Sentinel to upgrade the scanner's firmware and database.
On the scanner, press MENU.
Select Settings --> Upgrades, then press E.
Scroll to DMR/MotoTRBO Upgrade, then press E.
Using the scroll knob to select each digit and the 4 and 6 keys to move left and right, enter each digit in the unlock key (including the hyphens between digit groups). Then, press E.
DMR

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok purchased DMR upg, ran Sentinal reports I have latest firmware, but under SETTINGS>UPGRADE
only choice is for PROVOICE.

FW 1.10.02

Applying the Upgrade
Download and install the latest version of Sentinel from ...
Use Sentinel to upgrade the scanner's firmware and database.
On the scanner, press MENU.
Select Settings --> Upgrades, then press E.
Scroll to DMR/MotoTRBO Upgrade, then press E.
Using the scroll knob to select each digit and the 4 and 6 keys to move left and right, enter each digit in the unlock key (including the hyphens between digit groups). Then, press E.
DMR

The DMR BETA upgrade is not available through Sentinel...

Read all the instructions at this link:

DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

And read the announcement:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/334302-bcdx36hp-dmr-preview-2-available.html

simply put, drag & drop the new DMR beta2 firmware into the firmware folder on your x36's sdcard, reboot and the
new FW is loaded in,and the DMR option is present.

daveturner80

DMR update

I downloaded the dmr program and copied the bin file into the firmware folder on my BCD436HP and when I went into settings,upgrade DMR and tried to put my key in it told me incorrect key entered, press any key.
Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get this scanner upgraded to DMR.
Called Uniden support and was told it couldn't be entered as the software was not available yet.
Any help?
daveturner80@gmail.com

garys

Premium Subscriber
Did you restart the scanner so that the firmware upgrade was installed? You have to do that before you enter the key.

Make sure you read the Readme file and follow the instructions exactly.

Make sure you are entering the key exactly as it is, including the dashes.

I downloaded the dmr program and copied the bin file into the firmware folder on my BCD436HP and when I went into settings,upgrade DMR and tried to put my key in it told me incorrect key entered, press any key.
Called Uniden support and was told it couldn't be entered as the software was not available yet.
Any help?
daveturner80@gmail.com

daveturner80

When I installed the bin file I powered down the scanner and restarted it, went in to make sure the bil file was there and then went to upgrade and got the message I mentioned in the last message.

KA2ZEY

You don't have to Upgrade when you drag and drop a new .bin firmware file. The scanner will update automatically.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The bin file contains the information to upgrade the firmware. I don't think it has to stay there for the upgrade to work. I've changed SD cards a few times since I upgraded.

When you restart the computer, you should see a message telling you that the firmware is upgrading and not to turn off the scanner. Once that's done, you should be able to enter the upgrade key.

There are two different bin files. One is for the 436 and one is for the 536. Make sure you put the correct one in the firmware directory on the SD card. Make sure that you unzipped everything first.

When I installed the bin file I powered down the scanner and restarted it, went in to make sure the bil file was there and then went to upgrade and got the message I mentioned in the last message.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Any help?
daveturner80@gmail.com

If you are seeing the Upgrade DMR function in the menu then you already have a DMR capable firmware installed correctly. (I would be sure you are on the latest version though: 1.11.15)

Make sure you enter your DMR key and INCLUDE THE DASHES.

daveturner80

I have tried going to the menu and to update DMR and go to enter registration key and it still tells me incorrect key.
What am I doing wrong?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have tried going to the menu and to update DMR and go to enter registration key and it still tells me incorrect key.
What am I doing wrong?

Once you have recieved your activation key, enter it into your scanner....

Menu button --> Settings --> Upgrade --> Upgrade DMR --> Input DMR Key ....

Be sure you are entering the DMR upgrade area, not the Provoice upgrade area.

Enter the key using the scroll knob (not the keypad) just as you would enter a text tag. Be sure to enter the numbers and the dashes exactly as given.

daveturner80

It won't let me enter anything. My registration starts with a 5 and when I try to enter it I get the same message. Incorrect key.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Ok, after you enter the 5 push the "6>" key to advance to the next entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.