• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

38 LSB wide open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SARCommCoord

And how exactly is the FCC going to enforce that? If skip is occurring and you just so happen to talk to someone 1,500 miles away, how is that your fault?

friskidog

And how exactly is the FCC going to enforce that? If skip is occurring and you just so happen to talk to someone 1,500 miles away, how is that your fault?

Once you get your ham call sign your duty is to police the CB radio forum and monitor people who want to break the law as the FCC doesn't have time or $ lol

TheSpaceMann

Band open again today on the East coast and Midwest at 1 PM EDT! Lots of activity on 38 LSB!! ;)

wbswetnam

I think that the FCC monitors CB channel 38 LSB about as often as they monitor 14.313 USB. As long as the nuts stay in their cages, they don't much care.

BTW I thought the lid calling channel was channel 6, AM mode...

NC1

I would tend to think that if 38 LSB is open on the East coast, then the entire band is open too.

Is there something special about just ch38 LSB only?

I hear TONS more people on other channels just using simple AM.

TheSpaceMann

I would tend to think that if 38 LSB is open on the East coast, then the entire band is open too.

Is there something special about just ch38 LSB only?

I hear TONS more people on other channels just using simple AM.
It can definitely be open in one area of the country and not the other! 38 LSB is moderately open even now at 10 PM EDT in the East! 38 LSB is sort of the calling channel for CB sidebanders.

NC1

I think you misunderstood my post. I was talking about the whole CB band opening, not referring to a different geographic location.

It's my understanding that if a single channel is open, then the entire band is open in the same location or area. I have just never heard of only one specific frequency and mode being open and the adjacent channels not.

The Superbowl channel was open here today non-stop the few times I listened in.

friskidog

I think you misunderstood my post. I was talking about the whole CB band opening, not referring to a different geographic location.

It's my understanding that if a single channel is open, then the entire band is open in the same location or area. I have just never heard of only one specific frequency and mode being open and the adjacent channels not.

Your right grasshopper, he's just using 38 as an example because it is the USB call freq.

TheSpaceMann

Yes, if 38 LSB is open, then the rest of the 11 meter CB frequencies will be open as well. That also includes the "Freeband" frequencies, and most likely the 10 meter ham band!

adcockfred

Yeah, I am loving it too. It lets my old wore out scanners work pretty good. You know the reason is called summer. When the Bermuda high parks it self over Dixie and the westerly fire every afternoon off the rockies. What it means down here in Houston we will get these intense thunderstorms at 3 and 4 am.

adcockfred

I am getting the California hams over the uhf conventional ambulance channel, that pretty much means the bands are wide open ! ! !

TheSpaceMann

WOW, neat chart! Bookmarked.

Even early this morning the chart shows my area still opened. :)
Yep, that chart is extremely helpful. Often I'll check it and find that VHF has opened up in my area, and sure enough I will be able to hit repeaters much further away than usual! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.