Sedgwick County Non-Affiliated Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_am_Alpha1

I'm working on a XTS5000 attempting to program it for non-affiliated scan of the Sedgwick County P25 system and can't get it to receive. I've even tried the Butler County KSICS and it can't hear either. Anyone have an XTS5000 doing non-affiliated scan that can help me out? I've read over this site, CS, and the Australian site. Thanks....

I_am_Alpha1

No replies...I got it working. I had to borrow a BCD996XT and used Pro96com to decode the system. They are using a non-standard control ID setup--put that in the radio and it instantly started working.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I wouldn't call it "non-standard", it just isn't what Motorola uses. :p

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
It's a Cassidian System. Those are a much different animal when it comes to programming.

No replies...I got it working. I had to borrow a BCD996XT and used Pro96com to decode the system. They are using a non-standard control ID setup--put that in the radio and it instantly started working.

Good to know! I am likely about to move back to Wichita and I have a XTS5000 that im currently using in another state. I was wondering if it would work with sedgwick co.

fmulder13

Would you mind elaborating a bit? I once tried programming the Sedgwick TRS into my XTS5000 for a road trip and couldn't get any audio, and I'm not quite sure where I went wrong...

I_am_Alpha1

It's much more difficult than the YouTube videos make it out to be. First you have to unlock the radio as most from E-Bay are Advanced System Key write protected. Then update the firmware. Next obtain or write the System Key. Programming is a PITA as well--the software is not the easiest to work through. Run Pro96Com to obtain the system information like Control ID, Site Number, Frequencies, etc. As the YouTube video shows, program channels 1-16 as conventional receive only, then setup the trunking system to scan (one scan list per channel)--watch the MisterTwister55 YouTube videos.

Fireattack484

Feed Provider
If anyone who has successfully done this on the SG CO system could help me troubleshoot, I would greatly appreciate it. I've followed the steps above to a T, but still not receiving. I suspect it is something in the Trunking Configuration that's not right, but I'm not sure. PMs are fine if you prefer. Thank you.

scanningisfun

If anyone who has successfully done this on the SG CO system could help me troubleshoot, I would greatly appreciate it. I've followed the steps above to a T, but still not receiving. I suspect it is something in the Trunking Configuration that's not right, but I'm not sure. PMs are fine if you prefer. Thank you.

Do you have the right band? For Sedgwick County's system, it's non-standard.

#Format: Table ID,Base Freq,Spacing,Input Offset,Assumed/Confirmed,BandWidth,Slots
00,809.06250,0.01250,-45.00000,"Confirmed",0.01250,1

Also, "XTS/XTL radios are configured to validate the NAC against the System ID. If a match is not found, the radio does not attempt to register/affiliate to the trunking site. Also, scanning a trunking system from a conventional channel will not be possible. This validation does not take place when Intra-WACN Roaming is selected and the coverage type is set to SmartZone. By changing those settings, an XTS / XTL radio can be used on a Harris or other system that uses a System ID / NAC configuration that does not otherwise validate. However, an Advanced WACN Key (AWK) is required to change those settings."

Should put you on the right track.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.