Glenn County now P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
I just popped in to drop a post on Glynn County making the transition from their single county system to the multi-county SEGARRN system and noticed this post. Last night I got back to Brunswick from a few days in Savannah and heard Glynn FD traffic on the SEGARRN system, so it appears that they have or are in the process of transitioning. As of this morning the legacy system is still up but I've not heard any traffic on it this morning. I should know more after a few days of monitoring.

KFR_697

Your both correct!, I too noticed the change over last night on my way to work up there. Everyone appears to have switched over, with the exception of GSP Brunswick and Jekyll, the Jekyll Island troopers were still using their talkgrou on the "old system" as they refer to it now. All law enforcement is encrypted😬 , but Mac as you stated the fire departments are not. Everything is a 13xxx series TG. But the switch had to have taken place within the last 48 hours because Monday night they were still all on the smartnet system. But in short, about the only thing in Glynn you can monitor on the SEGARRN system that I know of is the port authority police, GSP Hinesville/Rincon, the fire departments, and the public works/road department. Mac if you find anything more, let us know!.

KFR_697

13320- GCFD 1
13324- GCFD 2
13334- BFD 1

That's all I have been able to confirm, Mac how is your research on the new TG's coming?

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Indeed, Glynn and Brunswick PDs are encrypted. 13312 can be added to those talkgroups, it's a Glynn County public works TG. There are some other TGs showing in my computer log, but I need a chance to listen to the recordings to try to ID them. I'll try to remember to post here as I figure more out. I only have the BCD346 with ARC536 Pro right now, but I'm going to bring my 396 to use with ID Tracker next time I come down - it will be more helpful for figuring out TGs/UIDs.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that frequencies from both of those licenses are being used. The 700 MHz frequencies are from WQQI739 and the 800 MHz frequencies are from WQXA315 (frequencies are listed below). The four sites cover different portions of the county with one in Brunswick, one on St. Simon's Island, one off of US 341 in the northern portion of the county, and one off of US 82 in the western portion of the county.

To the already listed talkgroups above, we can add 13383 for Glynn County Animal Control.

As always, more when we find it...

KFR_697

GSP Brunswick new TG on the SEGARRN, appears to be TG 871. Not sure yet about GSP Jekyll yet, but I am sure that they have moved over too by now.

KFR_697

GSP Jekyll is still operating on the old Glynn County 800 analog system, they appear to be the last and only user left of that system. Be interesting to see if they leave the old analog system up and running to use as a backup, or if they will solely on the SEGARRN for communications. And apparently as I am writing this GSP Brunswick is still using the old system as well. Not sure why, despite the new talkgroup on the SEGARRN, although GSP is notorious for flip flopping to their other channels in other bands.

KFR_697

Found a couple new TG's for Glynn County tonight, that amazingly were in the clear!. Was able to confirm that 13321 is "Event A" or just "A", and 13322 is "Event B" or "B"..while I didn't hear any traffic on Event C, I would assume that the TG for it would probably be 13323 for that one judging by the pattern/differences between A and B. I was amazed to see/hear that law enforcement communications on these channels ARE NOT encrypted!, both PD and Fire communications were heard perfectly. So it looks like not all hope is lost for monitoring GCPD and BPD at least during large events, like yesterdays 4th of July celebrations on St. Simons and in Brunswick. Thats all I have for now, I have seen new TG's pop up but havent mentioned them due to the fact that they all have been encrypted.

grovejwjr3018

Have tried everything. Cannot get any voice. Programmed from Radio Reference. Using. RS Pro 651 with 800 MHz antenna. Positioned near I95 and 25 in Glynco. Trunking set on P25

KFR_697

Do you have the proper control channel/system frequency set?..they recently changed it to 856.0125 from 772.5562, they have in the past used 772.3062, I would add all three that way when/if it should change again you will most likely have the correct one programmed in already and won't have any interruptions in receiving transmissions.

KFR_697

They officially and finally took down the old 800 analog system last week. You can safely lock it out or remove it all together and monitor the SEGARRN full-time.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
I just put all of the licensed frequencies, that way if they change I've already got them in...

My logging plans took a hit when the 396XD's DC jack decided to quit working but I've been getting some in here and there. Yesterday morning I logged TG 13335 as Brunswick FD 2 - submitted it to the database this morning.

KFR_697

Good deal Mac..I was in Brunswick yesterday during the day and found a couple new ones as well.. 13344 is the Glynn County School Board SRO's and 875 appears to possibly be either GSP Brunswick 2 or possibly GSP Jekyll, not sure.

And according to Brunswick News, Glynn County PD is supposed to be decrypting their primary channel on the SEGARRN but nothing more..but I am kind of skeptical as to their idea of decryption is because I discovered the other night going to work that Glynn County PD appeared to be simulcasting in the clear on 13398, it was the initial dispatch for an armed robbery call at a gas station, and after that I didn't hear anymore follow up traffic and the talk group was silent for the remainder of the night, so I hope this wasn't Doering's idea of "decryption"..he did say it would take a while for the process to complete obviously, but I hope that what I heard was just the beginning of the project and not the end product.

KFR_697

Glynn County PD is once again broadcasting unencrypted, and in the clear, on TG 13356 for GCPD 1

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
So I have an issue with my Glynn County reception.

I downloaded the info from radio reference into Arc XT-Pro but I'm not hearing anything. I am connected to the online scanner via Broadcastify and I'm hearing all kinds of radio traffic both PD and FD. Not sure why my scanner is not picking this up.

The only thing I noticed is that all the trunk frequencies listed in Radio Reference are not being imported into Arc XT-Pro. Could this be the problem? I'm only getting the following:

I have a BCD999XT. Any ideas?

Last edited:

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Those frequencies should work for you because they're the primary (772.55625) and secondary control channels for the Glynn County site. As I type, the control channel is 772.55625, but I program in all of the licensed frequencies so that if there is a change, the new CC will already be programmed in. Where are you trying to monitor it from?

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
I have all the frequencies entered as well. I may have solved one issue by turning off the pre-amp I have attached to my antenna. Since then I have heard more conversations but what I am now noticing is that sometimes the transmission starts and abruptly ends. Then I hear nothing for a short time and then I hear a field unit talking.

I am located on Lanier Island just before the entrance to Saint Simons Island. I should be picking up the SSI tower location. I'm wondering if may be something on the tower is off. The scanner in my car is programmed the same way and works fine when I'm out and about in Brunswick.

What radio do you have? I can only program 772.5562 for the frequency. I have the BCD996XT. Firmware 1.07.03. Do I need to look at my band plan? 0: is set for 851.00625/6.25 and 1: is set for 762.00625/6.25.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Status
Not open for further replies.