BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Bcd436hp quit working

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I took my bcd436hp with me on the road to Richmond va and halfway there the batteries alerted me that they were dying with the chirp sound. I plugged the usb cable into the scanner and it asked me if I wanted to charge it, I tried to hit yes or enter, but I was not fast enough. The scanner then just turned off.

Once o got to Richmond, I tried to re-plug the usb cord in only this time it didn't give me the option of charging or otherwise. When I got home, I put three fresh batteries in and it still won't power on. Help! What do I do?! The initial cigarette lighter usb device was a enercell double usb device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mancow

Database Admin
I've had Usb devices like that go bad and over volt. Perhaps that happened. Hopefully not.

kg7umv

Premium Subscriber
I had similar happen to me. I sent mine to Lectron in Ontario for retail rate repair on Jan 9 2016. Still waiting forfor repair. Appears to have 2 ics power section is fried. Lectron still wait.ing. For Uniden to ship parts. I wish you better luck.

D

darunimal

Sd card, check it's seated properly, then try to Format and reinstall SD cards content. Sounds more than likely a SD card corruption than other internals, obviously don't send it to Lectron, and the other owner should request scanner be returned and sent to Uniden. I have never hand the power spike problem on any device that Mancow mentions in over 30years, it possible just not very likely, (from refrigerators to modems & routers to GPSs and 20 scanners, IPODs, CD players to TVs and Cable boxes, never, not once, have I had a device internals blow from external power spike in DC or AC environments), I know brown outs and lightning strikes can ruin dc motors and anything else connected to such an electrical environment when those occur.

Just as problematic surge protectors can kill capacitors in TV/Monitors w Fluorescent Tubes when initially, those want: as much power as possible when turned on and the surge protect actually down grade the incoming electricity to below 110v when it senses the over pull, just like a speaker can brown out or be killed: in a very short period of time, of being under-powered, because more heat is caused, when the driver (doesn't) moves compared to what normal current ever causes (basically the driver is only moving a slight fraction of what it was designed to do, and the heat in the coil no longer dissipates, when it was designed to use a quasi-dynamic-passive cooling technique with adequate +/- power, which is directly what one would think; a 40watt speaker could handle just 5watts but will go bad faster than it run between 30-50 watts).

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I have reformatted the ad card, checked to make sure it's seated correctly and even left the batteries out. I even put new batteries in, still will not power on. Back to the repair shop I guess.

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this would resolve your issue, but you might try holding down 2, 9, and Dept keys while attempting to power on if you haven't already tried. I would do that before sending it off to Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.