One Voice NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else monitoring for new talkgroups on the One Voice Network? Talkgroup 500301 sounds like a police agency, but I thought DMR was more business than public safety.

D

DaveNF2G

ICYMI, there is a thread for this system in the Multi-State Forum also.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Anyone else monitoring for new talkgroups on the One Voice Network? Talkgroup 500301 sounds like a police agency, but I thought DMR was more business than public safety.

I know DEP is on that system. Not sure if that is their talkgroup

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I'm up in Putnam and listening to the North Salem site. 62Truck you could be right because I hear the units running Client ID's. I also figured out EMStar is on OneVoice as their company channel for the Hudson Valley. I hear repeats of the dispatches from Putnam 911, as well as medic responses from Westchester and Dutchess. I'll post that when I get home.

D

DaveNF2G

Over the past few days, several new talkgroup loggings have been posted there by various participants. The thread is becoming very lively and very useful.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I see that thread is growing, however, are certain talk groups only available on certain sites?

D

DaveNF2G

I see that thread is growing, however, are certain talk groups only available on certain sites?

It appears so. I can't hear any of the NYC/Long Island groups on any of the sites near Albany. It doesn't make any sense to have them operating up here unless one of their units happens to be in the area.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Cool Same here, there seems to be a bunch that I do not hear as well. Wonder if they can be broken down by area in the listings.

D

DaveNF2G

As I just noted in the OneVoice thread in the other forum, there are some sites that have been mistakenly included in the OneVoice listings because their operator uses the same network ID as OneVoice.

The sites in western New York belong to Saia Communications and also show the 171 net ID. Fortunately for the sanity of monitors in WNY, OneVoice does not serve that area. :)

Here is the definitive source for OneVoice coverage info:

Coverage Map - OneVoice

D

DaveNF2G

I wonder if this is the new home of NYC DEP. They were using a LTR-Passport system operated by Goosetown Communications, which company operates the upstate OneVoice sites now. Their upstate units patrolled around the reservoirs that supply New York City water.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if this is the new home of NYC DEP. They were using a LTR-Passport system operated by Goosetown Communications, which company operates the upstate OneVoice sites now. Their upstate units patrolled around the reservoirs that supply New York City water.

I jsut heard a BOLO from what sounded like upstate from me. You may be right, because another talk group popped up with reservoir stats. I missed the talk group.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Not only do they patrol the water system. They patrol all owned properties. Which is quite extensive in the area. sewer Plants, Vacant property. Also can be heard on the Delaware County Channels. There patroll cars have 2 antennas on them VHF wideband. UHF Wideband. There Watershed trucks/Cars have Wideband UHF only. Next time i am near one i'll see whats hanging off the dash.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Yes that is NYC DEP. They started testing last August and I think it was live in the Fall.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.