ProScan: ProScan & BCD536HP Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
OK, I have the Uniden BCD536HP and the Uniden supplied cable. I hook it up to my Toshiba computer running Windows 7 Home premium laptop. No problems occur when I use this combination with Sentinel. Now, I open up ProScan and try to use this software with the same configuration and for some reason my computer forgets how to communicate with the radio! I get a driver-error, but it doesn't tell me which driver I need, and does not find it when I click on the "find it on the internet" button.

OK, now I have shown how computer illiterate I am, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have been in contact with Bob a couple of times and he has no ideas either. Shouldn't this be "plug-and-play" just like when I open the Sentinel software?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
when you run it with the sentinel software it is in mass storage mode by pressing E
to you use it with Proscan it must be in serial mode (with drivers installed) and set to the correct com port

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
when you run it with the sentinel software it is in mass storage mode by pressing Eto you use it with Proscan it must be in serial mode (with drivers installed) and set to the correct com port

Where do I get the correct drivers, WX4JCW???

Mike

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Where do I get the correct drivers, WX4JCW???

Mike

Look in the Wiki under Radio Models and select the 536HP.
In that wiki page should be a link to UPMan's wiki page at Uniden that will have a link to download the Serial Drivers you need.
Don't forget to press ./NO when plugging in the USB cable as that will put the radio into Serial mode. If you press E/Yes button, it will put it into mass storage mode which will not work with ProScan. If your 536 has the most recent firmware, the radio will automatically enter serial port mode after about 10 seconds without you needing to press any buttons.

Ah, WX4JCW beat me to it! Just follow his link and it should take you directly to the driver file download you need to run the radio with ProScan.

You will need to unzip the files to a folder and then tell Windows where you unzipped them to.
You may want to look in Device Manager first and take note of existing ports first and then see what new port was added after Windows installs the drivers. That will be the port you will use with ProScan.

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Look in the Wiki under Radio Models and select the 536HP.
In that wiki page should be a link to UPMan's wiki page at Uniden that will have a link to download the Serial Drivers you need.
Don't forget to press ./NO when plugging in the USB cable as that will put the radio into Serial mode. If you press E/Yes button, it will put it into mass storage mode which will not work with ProScan. If your 536 has the most recent firmware, the radio will automatically enter serial port mode after about 10 seconds without you needing to press any buttons.

Ah, WX4JCW beat me to it! Just follow his link and it should take you directly to the driver file download you need to run the radio with ProScan.

You will need to unzip the files to a folder and then tell Windows where you unzipped them to.
You may want to look in Device Manager first and take note of existing ports first and then see what new port was added after Windows installs the drivers. That will be the port you will use with ProScan.
hehe i have all that stuff bookmarked

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
WX4JCW & Kruser,

You guys have been awesome and thanks for the information. I will also let Bob know, so in the future if a newbie like me comes along he can point them to the right direction!

Mike

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
It works better on wifi with PROSCAN no cables to connect it just connects through the network been running mine that way for 18 months with no problems. You have to use Sentinel and the cable to update the database other than that it works great.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Jason & Kruser - you guys ARE the best. I was up and running in 5 minutes after downloading and installing the drivers! I searched and searched for info on this subject and nothing came up for me, even in the RR forums! I'm indebted to you guys.

Mike

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Jason & Kruser - you guys ARE the best. I was up and running in 5 minutes after downloading and installing the drivers! I searched and searched for info on this subject and nothing came up for me, even in the RR forums! I'm indebted to you guys.

Mike
Glad you got going

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.