BCDx36HP DMR Preview 3 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade/DMR_Prerelease_3.zip

The password has changed!

-- New Supported and Modified Items --

1. Modified tracking CAP+
2. Speed up searching for voice traffic of DMR One Frequency
3. Changed the way of finding LCN
4. Modified the reset condition to zero of LCN finder in CON+
5. Modified the loss of audio on P25 with conventional DMR
6. Supported compatibility WAV file format with previous production version

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
An additional note on LCN Finder.

For all system types, how long it takes to complete depends on how much system traffic there is. For Connect Plus and DMR Tier III, there is a sweet spot of getting frequent traffic, but hopefully only one comm at a time. If there is a lot of traffic, then it is difficult to correlate channel grants to specific channels. If there is not much traffic, then it will take a long time to find all the LCNs, as a frequency must actually be in use at some point in order to be found.

For Capacity Plus, the LCN finder will only be able to determine the LCN of the current rest channel. If the rest channel never lands on one of the system frequencies, LCN finder will not complete. I monitored a very slow system for over 2 hours yesterday, and one of the frequencies on the system was never used. At some point you might have to start making educated guesses.

woodpecker

An additional note on LCN Finder.

For all system types, how long it takes to complete depends on how much system traffic there is. For Connect Plus and DMR Tier III, there is a sweet spot of getting frequent traffic, but hopefully only one comm at a time. If there is a lot of traffic, then it is difficult to correlate channel grants to specific channels. If there is not much traffic, then it will take a long time to find all the LCNs, as a frequency must actually be in use at some point in order to be found.

For Capacity Plus, the LCN finder will only be able to determine the LCN of the current rest channel. If the rest channel never lands on one of the system frequencies, LCN finder will not complete. I monitored a very slow system for over 2 hours yesterday, and one of the frequencies on the system was never used. At some point you might have to start making educated guesses.

Thanks Paul, loading it now.....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Paul and the team...I must be getting good at this...firmware loaded up within a minute! First thing I'll do is re-run the LCN finder. I'm not including the "no-voice data/rest frequencies" yet to see how it works. Here we go!

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Just upgraded both radios. The digital decoding is sounding better and better with each update. I'm assuming you guys are close!

W2SJW

Database Admin
Working great on conventional OFT here now - no missed transmissions at all!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 5

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Paul!

I think some of us are going to feel a little disappointed after you release the final firmware version.

These weekly firmware updates have been fun!

-Johnnie

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
UPMan and/or Beta testers question?

Has it been your experience with CAP+ systems to exclude or include the "Non-voice rest/data channel(s)" in the Site frequencies? I have detected no voice activity on a couple frequencies when I put the system in convential mode when I sit on the frequencies in question. I know in other systems, you need the "control channel" but in CAP+ this doesn't seem to be the case. I seem to have better luck when I don't include them in the Site, as it hangs up the frequency. What has been your experiences if you can relate to the forum?

blackcloud08

Premium Subscriber
Got it uploaded as well. I like the "treasure hunt" as i call it but I'll be glad when the final release and database updates come as life will once again be easy. Keep up the good work.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
On a Capacity Plus system, you must enter all frequencies and you must include the LCNs. The rest channel is the channel that becomes the voice channel the next time someone keys up. If you don't include it when programming, you will not get any voice comms on that frequency. And, if two people are keyed up at the same time, the rest channel is going to change to some other frequency.

It should not hang up on the frequency when programmed as a MotoTRBO system (unless you are just scanning that one system, in which case that frequency is exactly where it is supposed to hang out, waiting for someone to key up).

Haley

Thanks Paul and Uniden! Working well here, on four different types of DMR. I must be getting better at this, less than 2 mins. had the update applied and working. Even the wife was impressed this week , and that's saying something anymore. Mike

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
On a Capacity Plus system, you must enter all frequencies and you must include the LCNs. The rest channel is the channel that becomes the voice channel the next time someone keys up. If you don't include it when programming, you will not get any voice comms on that frequency. And, if two people are keyed up at the same time, the rest channel is going to change to some other frequency.

It should not hang up on the frequency when programmed as a MotoTRBO system (unless you are just scanning that one system, in which case that frequency is exactly where it is supposed to hang out, waiting for someone to key up).

So far, with this release it doesn't seem to be affecting it the same way as the first two beta releases. ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WQPK636 - Southwest Airlines Company - Frequencies Summary

The 2 frequencies are alternating 464.5875 and 464.7375. As of right now the "Non-voice/control channel" frequency is 464.7375. In the previous 2 beta versions, when I programmed them in the site, it "hung up" and yes it's programmed as a MotoTRBO system. As soon as I deleted them, the normal talkgroups popped up and normal trunking took place. I have it programmed in as LCN 6 and is working very well either with or without it in.

So far even more improved than Beta 2....Beta 3 is doing very well!

OrangeRider

Not sure why, but I tried using the LCN finder, and didn't get any out of 10. Oddly enough, I monitored the system status for a short while and it indicated 10 frequencies after a little while. This is a CON+ system that I've been monitoring since the first firmware update. Not exactly sure of what "cleans the slate" and allows a "good" LCN finder session. I even added the system as a different (new) favorite, added the frequencies, and got the same....

I know this will be worked out (and highly probable I'm doing something wrong), and I actually know the LCN's, just trying the feature. Just as others have said, Thanks Uniden!! This is definitely an unexpected and very much welcomed firmware upgrade. Thanks for your continuing support Paul!

OrangeRider

Last edited:

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I love Fridays lately. I've learned so much these last 2-3 weeks. Thanks so much UpMan and Uniden!

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Initial indications for my two LCN Cap+ system that I am listening to, is definitely a thumbs up improvement. There is still some missing starts to new conversations, but as the conversations stay active, it follows nicely the resting frequency between the two LCNs.

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.