Pro-106: Key tone -- Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Evening All,

When I power-up my 106, the scanner makes the noise when you hold the key down. I am NOT holding it down... I am unable to do anything with the scanner. If I press and hold an arrow key down, the noise ceases... When this happened a few months ago, I turned it on (one day), and it just stopped... I started using it, and whamo- it started up randomly....

Has anyone else had this issue??

trp2525

Evening All,

When I power-up my 106, the scanner makes the noise when you hold the key down. I am NOT holding it down... I am unable to do anything with the scanner. If I press and hold an arrow key down, the noise ceases... When this happened a few months ago, I turned it on (one day), and it just stopped... I started using it, and whamo- it started up randomly....

You may have a problem with a keyboard key (or keys) sticking and causing the problem you describe.

One thing worth a try would be to do a full factory reset of the scanner and see if that solves your problem. Just remember to do a complete backup of your frequency/channel programming beforehand so that you can restore it after the factory reset. See pages 98-99 in your PRO-106's user's guide for the exact procedure for "Initializing the Scanner to Factory Defaults."

Status
Not open for further replies.