Storm on 6/10 Evening knocked out Alachua Co TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

whooey

We had a NASTY cell come thru last nite, and my scanner was dead for at least 3 hours, I confirmed with my mom who also has a scanner. Ran a system analyze on my home patrol and nothing. Crazy, been scanning 11 years and have only heard it go down for maybe 5-10 min.

System came back up around midnite, and they were running all EMS calls on Charlie 4. I figured they meant County Tac 4 (112 C TAC 4 Public Safety Tac 4). But I heard nothing on it.

Anyone else notice??

CanesFan95

That's what I've never liked about trunking is the way an entire system can go down. Nothing beats conventional analog.

jim202

That's what I've never liked about trunking is the way an entire system can go down. Nothing beats conventional analog.

Just about all the trunking systems I have seen have site trunking programmed into the system. If the master site goes down or they loose the microwave link or T1 feeding the towers, each tower will go into a local mode. This enables each channel to function as a local repeater to provide basic communications between units assigned to that tower.

You might not have dispatcher connectivity, but they can still talk one radio to another. The dispatcher will have to use a radio to communicate with units out in the field. There is no ability to link one tower to another when this mode takes over.

buttaik

They were running on a 800 MHz channel, analog, 851.xxxx. It was simplex, no trunking/talk groups.

buttaik

well, I had so many different radios running (searching), I caught the channel referred to as Charlie 4 by having my old PRO 96 running on search, I had it paused and was listening to all the traffic, went to go get a pen to write it down and came back and my batteries had died. Sigh. Funny how I went to the old PRO 96 to quickly program the search by hand. I will figure it out (what the freq was) and get it to you. It was 851.xxxx, I just cannot remember the numbers to the right of the decimal. The channel was definitely analog.

buttaik

I also caught unencrypted law enforcement traffic during/after the storm on the state's provoice system.

K2RNI

Exactly not to mention the TRUE interoperability unlike all this digital marketing fad hype. Audio sounds nice but still modern snake oil.

whooey

well, I had so many different radios running (searching), I caught the channel referred to as Charlie 4 by having my old PRO 96 running on search, I had it paused and was listening to all the traffic, went to go get a pen to write it down and came back and my batteries had died. Sigh. Funny how I went to the old PRO 96 to quickly program the search by hand. I will figure it out (what the freq was) and get it to you. It was 851.xxxx, I just cannot remember the numbers to the right of the decimal. The channel was definitely analog.

Ha ha nice! Thank you for the reply. I still run my 2096 & 96 at the office. So in reality I listen to those old scanners more than my new ones. LOL. :D

And nice score on the pro voice!

Status
Not open for further replies.