HP-1: G&G Communications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfatony

Premium Subscriber
I sent my HP-1 to G&G Communications in for repair back in January this year and still have not gotten it back! I have been in contact with a couple of emails the past 5 months to get updates. Last email back in the end of April I was told what was going to be done to repair and price for repair. Just sent another email to get update. Their website states that turn around for most repairs is 2-3 weeks if parts are in. I did not really expect to get it back that soon, but 5 months and still no scanner back!
Has anyone sent a scanner in for repair to G&G? I am wondering if I should be concerned?

kma371

QRT
I sent my HP-1 to G&G Communications in for repair back in January this year and still have not gotten it back! I have been in contact with a couple of emails the past 5 months to get updates. Last email back in the end of April I was told what was going to be done to repair and price for repair. Just sent another email to get update. Their website states that turn around for most repairs is 2-3 weeks if parts are in. I did not really expect to get it back that soon, but 5 months and still no scanner back!
Has anyone sent a scanner in for repair to G&G? I am wondering if I should be concerned?

After almost 6 months I would be. Is there a reason you didn't send it to Uniden directly?

sfatony

Premium Subscriber
Last year I had sent my HP-1 to Uniden to have the power jack replaced. When I received my HP-1 back from Uniden the power jack was replaced but the scanner did not perform as well as before I sent it in. The reception was not as good as before. It seemed to be missing a lot of transmissions (mainly trunk systems) compare to my other scanners. I contacted Uniden by phone to see if we could troubleshoot it. No luck by rep on phone so they suggested to send scanner back on their dime to see what problem is. After several weeks the scanner was returned to me. Uniden said that all I needed was a library update on the scanner as the trunk system I frequently monitor had changed. That did not solve the problem so I decided to find somewhere else to take it look at it to see what the problem was. I came across G&G Communications after an extensive search on the internet and here on RR.

OHIOSCAN

I have had multiple radios repaired by Gerry at G&G, always had 2-3 week turnaround and no issues.
5 months seems excessive, was he having issues getting parts?

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Sent three different scanners at three different times and had excellent results. Not more then two weeks.
I must say they were not Uniden scanners.

sfatony

Premium Subscriber
I was told that it needed a RF transistor which he was out and looking to get it from Uniden or outside supplier but that was back in February. Had not heard anything for awhile and sent another email in April and was told that he would switch out the whole RF board since he had one available. Was quoted price for repair but have not heard anything since then.

sfatony

Premium Subscriber
Looks like I am finally going to get my HP 1 back. It is finally repaired and is on the way. I hope the wait was worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.