D-STAR, YSF, MOTOTRBO, NXDN Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
When are any of these systems going to be addressed by the scanner manufacturers? I've been holding on to my 396XT for several years now waiting for a digital scanner that can decode some of these, if not all.

Currently I have several different radios to decode all these formats. I would be very pleased if I could just use one scanner.

But since I am dreaming..how about coming out with a scanner / ham radio that can do D-STAR, Yaesu System Fusion, DMR, P25 and can also do APRS? With an AM bar magnet antenna, HF reception with SSB, 1.25 meter, 2 meter, 6 meter, 70 cm transmit.

Runs on 6,000 mah lithium ion battery pack.

Retail cost? $900. I would buy one.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
I'd be happy to get NXDN in my 436, and icing on the cake would be to add MPT-1327 trunking.

I have a D-Star radio gathering dust and no interest in Yaesu Fusion, and I'm guessing the market for that isn't worth the engineering dollars. Heck, it barely seems worth it in the ham world.

RayAir

OpenSky decoding would be the icing on the cake.

Thankfully it's not popular, but it's the primary radio system by me for LE and FD.

I was hoping at least DSD+ or a similar program would be able to decode it by now, but that doesn't look like it will happen.

xxdanielt3

Premium Subscriber
OpenSky decoding would be the icing on the cake.

Thankfully it's not popular, but it's the primary radio system by me for LE and FD.

I was hoping at least DSD+ or a similar program would be able to decode it by now, but that doesn't look like it will happen.

Where are you located by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.