Columbus Police Dispatch Channels Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickWarzy

Feed Provider
Today 6/14/16 in the mid afternoon for about two hours, it appears all main dispatch channels were offline/down. Channel 5 was using Emergency Channel 30 ("down a couple dials" per one communication I heard).

My best guess was that dispatch couldn't hear, but cruisers may have been able to communicate. Some walkie to walkie communication was picked up and lots of chat on 2D.

Does anyone know the emergency channels? I wasn't able to find them (when I was searching all frequencies).

Thanks.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
There was some use of the new digital system on Zones 1 and 3. I came in toward the end of the outage just before things were restored. I would expect some issues like this while they are transitioning to the P25 system.

The analog system may have went into fail-safe mode where it works like a conventional system and you can only hear the dispatchers.

mmartinfan

Banned
The system showed out of range a couple times on our walkies and then sometimes gave us a rapid beep while keying up. But overall did not go into fail soft.

What was funny/scary was CPD loosing its collective Shiite when they asked the officers to go to EM Patrol. Nobody knew what zone it was. Some were on the old EM Patrol (county) and some were on the new XPatrol so some people could not be heard or hear others.

KD8DVR

Today 6/14/16 in the mid afternoon for about two hours, it appears all main dispatch channels were offline/down. Channel 5 was using Emergency Channel 30 ("down a couple dials" per one communication I heard).

My best guess was that dispatch couldn't hear, but cruisers may have been able to communicate. Some walkie to walkie communication was picked up and lots of chat on 2D.

Does anyone know the emergency channels? I wasn't able to find them (when I was searching all frequencies).

Thanks.
They went to the Marcs-ip Columbus city system.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

spikster10

just spoke with a columbus police officer. the email that went out concerning the marcs-ip info was it would start using the system starting july 1st on the events channels for the fireworks.then migrate from there.not sure why system went down today

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
just spoke with a columbus police officer. the email that went out concerning the marcs-ip info was it would start using the system starting july 1st on the events channels for the fireworks.then migrate from there.not sure why system went down today
They were using the P25 event channels for the Arts Festival last weekend, encrypted.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
There were a few TGs in the clear during the arts festival. I ran unitrunker as well and it showed a lot of radio to radio communication, (guessing private calls) but every talkgroup that was used I could hear

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

baj76

Uniden fanboy
When they switch..I hope the disp TG are clear

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
There were a few TGs in the clear during the arts festival. I ran unitrunker as well and it showed a lot of radio to radio communication, (guessing private calls) but every talkgroup that was used I could hear

I was there overnight each night and personally saw officers using their portables and I had my scanner on search and close call all night and received nothing.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
Yeah you are right most of it was quiet because the private calls can no longer be picked up on a scanner. Unitrunker was showing mostly RID to RID but the communication that was on a 57xxx TG was in the clear.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
The only stuff from Hilliard I'm picking up is pretty garbled, which isn't much..

Nasby

Well, I heard without a link or proof. Its not true...But you're probably right :)

I just don't want to reveal my sources here on a public forum.

But I will say enjoy Columbus PD radio traffic while you can.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
I heard from some sources I trust that all but dispatch will be encrypted

baj76

Uniden fanboy
sounds like CPD is having problems with there radios right now

Status
Not open for further replies.