Ambulances and PSERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt613

The way it sits now, private ambulances in King County do not communicate directly with the 911 centers or units. Fire depts have a radio channel that talks to the private ambulance dispatchers and that's pretty much the communication they do with fire.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
The way it sits now, private ambulances in King County do not communicate directly with the 911 centers or units. Fire depts have a radio channel that talks to the private ambulance dispatchers and that's pretty much the communication they do with fire.

So I guess TriMed is staying on NextHell for now. That sucks I was hoping I'd be able to monitor them but I guess not. I have seen fire crews talk to ambulance dispatch in NORCOM and Seattle but never saw south county fire crews do that.

ffemt613

Yea i believe NORCOM and Seattle are mainly the ones to have direct links, and maybe south king the 911 center just calls to the private ambulances directly over the phone. As far as the NextHell, thats probably gonna be how they stick to communications. Plus the traffic over the NextHells can be lame.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Scanaholic said:
So I guess TriMed is staying on NextHell for now

I feel obliged to point out that the Nextel (NextHell) system was shut down about three years ago. TriMed has been on a DMR system for about that long.

Last edited:

sabot7726

NORCOM Agency field units have the ability to hail ambulances on the AMB talkgroup, or the fire tactical dispatchers can do it for them.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Really? I didn't know they were on DMR now. Guess I could get one of the new DMR scanners. Maybe that's a better option for me seeing as how they can do P-25 Phase 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.