BCD436HP/BCD536HP: New Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Finally received my 436 back from repair. I have a new issue that I cannot seem to solve. I keep getting the infamous "nothing to scan" on the screen. Now, I have gone through EVERYTHING having to do with start up keys, favorites lists, lists to monitor etc. The only weird thing I have discovered is that under "select service types" all I can check off is the first one-"Aircraft" on/off. The rest are all showing --- and I can not turn them on or off. Anybody have a clue what it could be?

Manny

phask

Premium Subscriber
Finally received my 436 back from repair. I have a new issue that I cannot seem to solve. I keep getting the infamous "nothing to scan" on the screen. Now, I have gone through EVERYTHING having to do with start up keys, favorites lists, lists to monitor etc. The only weird thing I have discovered is that under "select service types" all I can check off is the first one-"Aircraft" on/off. The rest are all showing --- and I can not turn them on or off. Anybody have a clue what it could be?

Manny

That indicates that whatever you have ON is only Aircraft. Either quik keym, favorite or whatever you have used to select.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I believe there has to be something with that service type in a fav list or it wont let you toggle it. I have nothing in my scanner at all that's race related, and I have --- for the racing officials and race teams. I could not ever select ham because I never had any freqs with the ham service tag. Are your favorite lists still there or could they have been deleted while uniden had the scanner? This is assuming that you do have the favorite lists set to on, and the system, and the departments all set to on.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
ok but here is the weird thing. I hit scan and it says nothing to scan. However, If I hit the lower right "chan/mod" button the display shows a talk group on the system but I hear nothing and see nothing on the screen. Only when I use the zip code option do I get everything in my area which defeats the purpose of having favorites

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you have all your stuff saved in Sentinel, re write to the scanner. WAIT...

If you hit menu, - manage favorites- can you see your favorites lists in the scanner?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you can see them them I would then think something is off. Hit Menu-set scan selection-manage quick key status. Will give you 2 choices. Favorites and systems. Go in Favorites first and see if they are set to on. If no, set them to on.

Then back out to beginning .

Then Hit Menu-set scan selection-manage quick key status - choose system quick keys -select your fav list and make sure those are all on also.

D

darunimal

Enter a Quick Key in your Departments relating to one of your Sites' Quick Keys , one is Not Enabled, OR send me you email address on PM and I'll give you mine, then you can send me your Favorite Lists and I can put them in my Bcd436HP and I can take a look with a discerning eye with yours virtually in front of me.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Reset your range. Try 10.0 miles and see if that re-enables the scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually that's a good point. Reset your range, and your location. Uniden may have set the location to where ever it was repaired..In any event both would have an impact on trying to scan..

The '--' in service types means that there isn't anything in that service type in any loaded and enabled favorite list that is also within range of your current location.

Here is what I'd recommend as a test:

Update your full DB via Sentinel, turn on the Full DB scanning in the "select lists to monitor" menu, set your zip code correctly, and set the range to something large like 50.0 miles.

You should then see many things that can be enabled and disabled in the service types list. If you do that and still don't see anything then something is probably corrupted on your memory card.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ok but here is the weird thing. I hit scan and it says nothing to scan. However, If I hit the lower right "chan/mod" button the display shows a talk group on the system but I hear nothing and see nothing on the screen. Only when I use the zip code option do I get everything in my area which defeats the purpose of having favorites
If your Favorites, with or without using he main database as well, are set to use "location control", make sure that your correct location is on the scanner. I suppose that the default location could have been reset to something local to the repair depot to verify that the repair process was successful, and that the scanner would work.

As was suggested, possibly re-write your lists to the scanner, which would reset the location to whatever is in your profile.

snerd

Listening.....
Menu, Set Scan Selections, Set Nationwide Systems. You must have turned them off.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

SCPD

QRT
No,if you dont add Nationwide first then add in your other channels to your favorite list it will be blank and unselectable in Service Types.You must add Nationwide first and make sure you have FULL DATABASE ON when doing so!
What Uniden should do is allow the service types that are Nationwide anytime,but if you play the above way it will work in your favor.

Last edited:

snerd

Listening.....
No,if you dont add Nationwide first then add in your other channels to your favorite list it will be blank and unselectable in Service Types.You must add Nationwide first and make sure you have FULL DATABASE ON when doing so!
What Uniden should do is allow the service types that are Nationwide anytime,but if you play the above way it will work in your favor.

I think that's what I said?

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Done!

I erased the lists from the scanner, then re-wrote them from scratch. Problem solved! Enough brain cells spent on this. The scanner repair was for the clock fix which adds a new board, I believe, then I had to send it back AGAIN when I got it back because it was completely dead. Who knows what happened internally to cause this issue today but starting over with a fresh loading of my favorites seems to have solved the problem. Thanks to all who replied. I really appreciate the help.👍

Manny

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Hello N1SQB I had s similar problem with one of My newly updated Favorite list. Tried everything and nothing worked. Finally I set My location, using My zip code and that fixed the problem for Me. Good Luck, Bob

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hello N1SQB I had s similar problem with one of My newly updated Favorite list. Tried everything and nothing worked. Finally I set My location, using My zip code and that fixed the problem for Me. Good Luck, Bob

Hi Bob!

The problem I experienced was very strange. I tried pretty much everything suggested on here and everything I knew. The only thing that worked was rewriting the lists as if they were newly created. That seemed to work just fine. I'm still scratching my head! Hey whatever works right? ! LOL..

Manny

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.