Options For Selling Used Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Now that I have my Unication G5, it is time to move some older gear. What have people here found are the best ways to sell their used gear? Here are a few things that come to my mind:

-Ebay

-Craigslist

-Amateur Radio 2 Meter Swap Nets On 146.760 And 146.850

-Radio Reference Classified Section

-Eham Classified Area

I will not be completely swearing off scanners, though. At some point I will likely get something new that will monitor DMR. It could be Uniden or Whistler. I have considered the AOR AR-DV1. It looks like a great piece of gear, but with the inability to follow trunking on ARMER and only able to monitor MOTO TRBO/DMR conventionally, that lessens my interest quite a bit.

The ability to listen to Icom D-Star and Yaesu System Fusion might be interesting, but with the AOR AR-DV1 being around $1,200.00, I could get both an Icom D-Star and a Yaesu System Fusion radio for that money. In fact, I might even have enough money left over to buy a MOTO TRBO/DMR radio, too!

stmills

I have had good luck in the past selling on the RR classifieds, mixed results on EBay, and as of recent I have been exploring the Facebook group Two Way Radio Trader which has gotten good reviews elsewhere .

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I'm a Craigslist fan. There is a lot of tomfoolery but if you hold to your guns, you can get your asking price.
I am not a fan of the rr classifieds, but that is because I am using a Mac and there are a lot of funky cookie arguments and login issues that it doesn't seem worth the hassle. I have sold a homepatrol 1, a rh-96 and a pro-197 on Craigslist without difficulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kc0rzw

I would think the scanner meeting may be a good place to bring some gear to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.