TRX-1 and TRX-2 received and shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Great news everyone!

The TRX-1 and TRX-2 have been received and will be shipping next week.

Check with your dealer for availability.

Good news Wendy, Thanks....

Will the manuals for those scanners be on the Whistler website soon?

microx

FCC ID Number??

Great news everyone!

The TRX-1 and TRX-2 have been received and will be shipping next week.

Check with your dealer for availability.

Hello Wendy,

I have been monitoring the FCC Equipment ID number page on a daily basis and have seen nothing new other than a few radar detectors being 'new' and 'class II permissive changes' for your existing line. Would you be able to enlighten me as to the FCC ID numbers of these 2 NEW units?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

gwbaker

Wendy can you recommend an online dealer to me so I can get mine orderer please.
Thank you.

I doubt that she will do that for you. Imagine if you made widgets and 50 stores carried your widgets. If you recommended one store over the other 49 in a public forum, 49 store owners would be ticked off and you would eventually only have one store selling your widgets.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
There are many good places to buy scanners. One of my favorites is The Ham Station in Indiana. Jeff there is very knowledgeable about scanners. In fact, I have TRX-1 and TRX-2 on order from them and now look forward to their arrival. My wife of 40 years just shakes her head when she sees all my radios.
Hey, but there are people on this forum with 20, 30, and 40 scanners going at once. So I'm not the only crazy one.

SCPD

QRT
There are many good places to buy scanners. One of my favorites is The Ham Station in Indiana. Jeff there is very knowledgeable about scanners. In fact, I have TRX-1 and TRX-2 on order from them and now look forward to their arrival. My wife of 40 years just shakes her head when she sees all my radios.
Hey, but there are people on this forum with 20, 30, and 40 scanners going at once. So I'm not the only crazy one.

I am very interested on how these scanners perform for you from a 'front end' perspective. Be sure to post your findings. :wink: Me .. not buying anything as we are being flooded with encryption so for me this is a hobby that is going away fast.

woodpecker

Hello Wendy,

I have been monitoring the FCC Equipment ID number page on a daily basis and have seen nothing new other than a few radar detectors being 'new' and 'class II permissive changes' for your existing line. Would you be able to enlighten me as to the FCC ID numbers of these 2 NEW units?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Strange there is no response, maybe they are just re-labelling the WS1088 and the internals are identical?

microx

Well, I thought about that, but I believe there will be a difference in firmware memory capacity, as Wendy stated they working on the NXDN upgrade, BUT it would only be available on the TRX1 & 2 due to memory capacity. I'm not sure however if that warrants a complete new FCC ID number or not. I DO know that when they released the 1088 and 1098 with the full keypads, they were able to piggyback on to the previous ID numbers for the 1080 and 1095 since it didn't radically alter (or alter at all for that matter) the RF side of things, it just changed the control board. (And to that end, the RS versions are also included in the existing FCC ID numbers)

As a caveat, I was hoping to find a complete new FCC ID number for these 2 new units, as that could possibly be an indicator of improved LSM performance (Or, at the very least, something different in the RF side of things)

I have been waiting for a response of some sort as well, but it could be that Wendy just doesn't have an answer at this point... Time will tell. (And I'll just keep checking the FCC website daily.. Lol) I AM curious however, if she could look at the back of a unit (since they have been received) and let us know the ID number.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The new FCC ID numbers could be in embargo and will not appear until months from now. A purchaser will have to look at the FCC ID when they receive their scanner.

73 Eric

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I pulled the trigger to see if I like the TRX-2 mine has a tracking number and will arrive 6-21-2016 UPS. Thanks Dan, Jeff and the rest of the crew. It will get a work out next to my 536, 996P2, 785D, MD380's and my ADCR25's all on a combiner sharing the same antenna. I will give a update late 6-22-2016.

rudd

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Comes on the scanner's microsd card.Hope they post the program in case someone unprograms their microsd card!

I never noticed it was on the SD card, but ok.

Sure would be nice to play with configuring it before getting it in any case.

Perhaps the manual is on the SD card as well then.

Status
Not open for further replies.