Is an agency in North Alabama using 154.805?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner_Rider

The last couple of days I have been hearing traffic between "dispatch" and generally 200 series units but can't discern if it is a Morgan county or ALEA type traffic.

Anyone have any idea what agency might be using 154.805 at this time?

I can't remember if the frequency was a pre P25 area frequency since my analog scanner has only picked up Morgan County S.O. and the two frequencies Decatur ALEA and F troop troopers have been transmitting on since all the local PDs and VFDs switched from analog.

Any help with this oddity would be appreciated as it doesn't show up anywhere on the Morgan county frequencies and I cant find my old list of the 12 agencies I monitored pre P25 .

Thanks

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
The last couple of days I have been hearing traffic between "dispatch" and generally 200 series units but can't discern if it is a Morgan county or ALEA type traffic.

I can't remember if the frequency was a pre P25 area frequency since my analog scanner has only picked up Morgan County S.O. and the two frequencies Decatur ALEA and F troop troopers have been transmitting on since all the local PDs and VFDs switched from analog.

Any help with this oddity would be appreciated as it doesn't show up anywhere on the Morgan county frequencies and I cant find my old list of the 12 agencies I monitored pre P25 .

Thanks

Quad Cities State Police in Sheffield is on 154.0875/107.2. Could that be what you are hearing?

Airboss

Silent Key

Thanks

Morning Scanner Rider

154.805 is not an assigned VHF PS high frequency.
In this band there is 7.5 kHz spacing and the assignments around your freq are:

154.7850 PP Base or mobile
154.7925 PP Base or mobile
154.8000 PP Base or mobile
154.8075 PP Base or mobile
154.8150 PP Base or mobile

Might want to take a closer look at at the RR db on 154.800 and 154.8075 for your target agency.

73 de Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.