• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS5000 codeplug clone between two radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowley639

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone,

Quick question... I purchased an XTS5000 several years ago, I traded it for a pair of 2500's a few years back. I purchased a new XTS5000 a few days ago, and it should be delivered tomorrow.

My question is, can I use the codeplug from the XTS5000 I used to have and program it to the new XTS? All the channels are conventional, and the Model #'s match.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
If the flashcodes match, and there's not a significant difference in firmware, then you should be able to clone one to the other.

Cowley639

Premium Subscriber
So I would just connect the radio to the computer and program it?

Or do i need to read the radio first?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
One should ALWAYS READ and SAVE the ORIGINAL codeplug before cloning or making any changes when you obtain a new radio, just in case...

As the previous poster said, your new radio must have the EXACT same flashcode for a straight up clone to work.

If the flashcodes are different, then a top level drag and drop is the way to go.

Cowley639

Premium Subscriber
If the flashcodes are different, then a top level drag and drop is the way to go.

Ill check the flashcodes and make sure they match, if not how would i how about doing a "top level drag and drop"?

Also, (im not sure if this matters or not) both radios were/are model III's with FPP.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Ill check the flashcodes and make sure they match, if not how would i how about doing a "top level drag and drop"?

Also, (im not sure if this matters or not) both radios were/are model III's with FPP.

Top level Drag and Drop:

Open SOURCE codeplug in one instance of Astro 25 Portable CPS.
Opem TARGET (radio you want to copy all trees TO) in another instance with TARGET codeplug open.

Drag at the top level menu from the SOURCE to TARGET.
Correct anything that won't copy over (menu items, radio IDs, etc).

If you're dealing with FPP radios, top level D&D won't work on FPP personalities.

This is where channel picklist comes in handy.

You may want to view the tutorials included on your Astro 25 install/CD.

Cowley639

Premium Subscriber
Just checked the Flashcodes, They are different...

All Zones (7 total) have FPP enabled.

cmdrwill

One should ALWAYS READ and SAVE the ORIGINAL codeplug before cloning or making any changes when you obtain a new radio, just in case...

As the previous poster said, your new radio must have the EXACT same flashcode for a straight up clone to work.

MTS2000des IS absolutely correct.

The radios are different. ALWAYS READ the radio AND SAVE that to a safe place. Then make changes to the codeplug' read from the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.