Editting SK PPSTN pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Who can edit the DB and wiki pages? 009 is not Springside, it is located just NW of Goodeve.. It's actually the old RCMP tower. Also, I beleve 010 is the Ituna tower that is right behind the RCMP station there. Has the same link antenna, and is pointing towards 009. I could use a bit of help with my 436 in Aquiring site data. �� Cheers

mciupa

Who can edit the DB and wiki pages? 009 is not Springside, it is located just NW of Goodeve.. It's actually the old RCMP tower. Also, I beleve 010 is the Ituna tower that is right behind the RCMP station there. Has the same link antenna, and is pointing towards 009. I could use a bit of help with my 436 in Aquiring site data. �� Cheers

Only Database Administrators may modify the Database. Any member of RadioReference.com may edit the Wiki. Create a Wiki account. (can be same user name and password as your user account if you wish)

I will review Sites 9 and 10 after posting this.

QDP2012

Who can edit the DB and wiki pages?

...Create a Wiki account. (can be same user name and password as your user account if you wish)

It is the same. You must capitalize the first letter of the user name -- meaning you will log-in to the Wiki with the username "Parker2", but with the same password.

Hope this helps,

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
I found some other DB issues with the system last night I think. Seems sites 80,112,214,217 and Melville all have the same tower addresses. Is there something I'm missing?
Cheers

mciupa

I found some other DB issues with the system last night I think. Seems sites 80,112,214,217 and Melville all have the same tower addresses. Is there something I'm missing?
Cheers

They are Unknown Sites and have a systemwide default location address. No one has reported to us where their exact locations by name are.

If this is an issue, I can leave them in the database for 2 -3 weeks from now. After that point, they should be removed as being incomplete data.

Last edited:

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
I got a good hit today in yorkton area. Possible new P25 system @ 143.0850
Also found another PPSTN Site just NW of Saltcoats on Sasktel Cell tower.
Freq. 139.0050
SYS ID: 000Ch - 10h
Still need to verify this one.
Trying to get them nailed down in this area :) But need more equpt i think lol
Cheers

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Pilot Butte / Milestone issue??

Been checking site locations in my travels, and working on my own lists.
For some reason both sites 53 & 54 are on the same footprint. Milestones shack is right beside the Pilot Butte shack. This would lead me to believe the milestone tower has a different site number. Site loc is 50.486161, -104.442226 or
50°29'10.2"N 104°26'32.0"W aprox. 1/2 Mile West of Pilot Butte on Hwy.
Thoughts?

mciupa

Been checking site locations in my travels, and working on my own lists.
For some reason both sites 53 & 54 are on the same footprint. Milestones shack is right beside the Pilot Butte shack. This would lead me to believe the milestone tower has a different site number. Site loc is 50.486161, -104.442226 or
50°29'10.2"N 104°26'32.0"W aprox. 1/2 Mile West of Pilot Butte on Hwy.
Thoughts?

Maybe the 30 mile range is too generous and should be modified?

BC_Scan

One trick i like to use for definitive tower location if Im in its vicintity of unkown or new location and i have full bars for signal strenght than I remove antennae for radio , if I still have signal (ie:control channel) you are ususally good to go. You can use Untitrunker or Pro96com to verify site freqs and talkgroups being used on any given system.
Thank you for getting on this bandwagon, everyone plays a part in keeping data base up to date.

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
One trick i like to use for definitive tower location if Im in its vicintity of unkown or new location and i have full bars for signal strenght than I remove antennae for radio , if I still have signal (ie:control channel) you are ususally good to go. You can use Untitrunker or Pro96com to verify site freqs and talkgroups being used on any given system.
Thank you for getting on this bandwagon, everyone plays a part in keeping data base up to date.

Right now, im just getting back into the hobby from about a 8 year laps. lol I do know the old tricks (remove antenna, point tip for rejection, etc.) and have used a yagi for getting a good idea of direction. my biggest issue is that i acquired a BCD436HP and having issues trying to run various software packages to aquire the data. So basically, right now im hunting the physical sites down, and verifying them by the Bright Yellow ID tags on the huts and checking for a control freq.

Cheers

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
Thats my plan. What do you recommend for SDR unit, or would i be better off with another scanner?

Cheers

SASKGUY306

Premium Subscriber
You could use a scanner if you wanted but you'd be best off getting a mobile antenna if you don't already have one.

:) I got a bit of a bastard setup right now. Started playing with DSD+ so i can actually log UID's and check NAC's. Using a discriminator tap on an old 16 ch unit allows me to run CC (Seen key updates yesterday) or on ONE of the alternate channels. Don't think it would work great scanning between the alternate channels, but i might plug them in tomorrow and see if i get more from the site.
Will move over to a dedicated laptop in the next few days, just need to pick the best out of the 4 others i have, and do a clean install. Want to be able to run it 24/7 until i get a SDR.
How accurate is the channel plan and is there a better way besides camping out near tower for a few hours to get site data? Going tomorrow to test out 2 area sites to try and get 100% confirmation before posting my newest updates.

If anyone does do tower site visits, lets get some pictures of the sites and approximate bearings that the links covered yagi's or mesh parabolic antennas point. This will allow us to locate the tower sites more easily. Also try to update the exact locations with GPS coords would help out with the mapping.
From what i see, the sites are aprox. 50km / 30miles separation. Below is a picture of site 009 at Goodeve, SK. 4 folded dipole on top and 2 mesh 1/2 parabolic antennas pointing to adjoining towers (008 Melville and 010 Ituna). Some of the sites are Old RCMP tower sites, some completely new sites,others are on existing com towers like SASKTEL Cell sites. I have attached just one photo for the Goodeve site for reference. You will also note the lime green site ID sticker on the shack.

Attachments

• IMG_8112.jpg
    IMG_8112.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 210
Hi all

Hi it's just me again.
Updating what's new for 2017.
New RCMP RIDS 2213231 - to - 2213241 always seen on TG 50 could be new Yorkton portables.
TG 6160 is OH&S - Occupational health and safety Officers.
RID 2261146 is an OH&S Melville unit.
TG 5368 is Qu'Appelle Valley Health Region shared TG / Backup TG
TGs 5367 / 5369 / 5370 are also Shared Health Region TGs used by the other regions.
TG 6083 is TAC Interoperable SaskGov. HTP / CPSP Sheriffs.
TG 29 is RCMP ERT 1. The ERT member's unit RID 2211220 that is now stationed at my location always affiliates to this TG.
HTP units 2263319 mobile and RID 2263304 portable at Yorkton scale.
RID 2263320 mobile and 2263279 portable are also Yorkton HTP.
RID 2263339 mobile and 2263276 portable are HTP Regina.
RID 2263318 mobile and 2263305 portable are HTP Wadena.
RIDs 2256318 - to - 2256322 are the new STARS Regina portables.
RID 2212201 is E335 RCMP and C9410 PPSTN radio techs.
Just used someone's open WiFi to post this. I didn't have internet at home or data on my phone anymore. Be back again sometime, maybe I hope.

mciupa

It's a lot of trouble for you now, but it's greatly appreciated here.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.