Cheyenne Reginal Medical Center Helo

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I just seen N775AL on ADS-B Exchange land on I25 near Dacono and fly all the way north past Windsor and disappear off the map near Nunn. Why was a Helo from Wyoming here in CO and what looked like landing on I25 near Dacono?

Pics. https://www.google.com/search?q=N775AL&tbm=isch&nfpr=1#imgrc=i1OrpbKvjL4f5M:

He was a fast mover too! Doing around 180MPH! I thought I'd finally catch the chopper at MCR and hear it on my scanner, but this was a different Helo. I have yet to hear a Med chopper on my scanner. What does MCR use for the chopper anyway? I have 4077 MCR. Do they give patient statues to the hospital like ambulances do?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I just seen N775AL on ADS-B Exchange land on I25 near Dacono and fly all the way north past Windsor and disappear off the map near Nunn. Why was a Helo from Wyoming here in CO and what looked like landing on I25 near Dacono?

Pics. https://www.google.com/search?q=N775AL&tbm=isch&nfpr=1#imgrc=i1OrpbKvjL4f5M:

He was a fast mover too! Doing around 180MPH! I thought I'd finally catch the chopper at MCR and hear it on my scanner, but this was a different Helo.

They are all part of AirLife Denver. They have a base in Frederick, so that might be what you were seeing. It is actually a very common sight to see AirLife 75 in Colorado as they are commonly used for critical patient transfers between hospitals. It disappearing to the north is explained in my response to your question in the other thread.

I have yet to hear a Med chopper on my scanner. What does MCR use for the chopper anyway? I have 4077 MCR. Do they give patient statues to the hospital like ambulances do?

Air Link at Medical Center of the Rockies, they fly with N930EM and use Air Link 2 over the air. I'm pretty sure they do give patient status, but Air Link might not have digital radios. You might try some of the Air Link frequencies found on the Medical Helicopters database listing. Also, I believe MCR is TG 4079 as 4077 is NCMC. North Colorado Med Evac uses those TG frequently.

We have quite a bit of good information on the wiki at Medical Helicopters (CO).

lsmith8706

Premium Subscriber
Airlink uses an odd mixture of their uhf frequencies and dtrs. They also use STACD for scene calls a lot. I've tried to figure out the logic behind when they use what, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
What is STACD?

STAC is 853.7875 MHz with a 156.7 PL. STAC D (STAC Direct) refers to simplex operations while STAC is for repeater operations. STAC D would normally be used for air-to-ground communications for landing zone coordination.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
STAC is 853.7875 MHz with a 156.7 PL. STAC D (STAC Direct) refers to simplex operations while STAC is for repeater operations. STAC D would normally be used for air-to-ground communications for landing zone coordination.

I've only heard STAC-D once or twice, you've got to be pretty damn close to a scene to hear 800 MHz simplex; even from the Helicopters it doesn't seem to propagate very far (unlike V-Fire 21, for example, which I sometimes hear dozens of miles away from the Helo side).

Also, I don't believe I've ever heard STAC in repeated mode (or even a 1/2 duplex base station), maybe a few agencies have it programmed in a repeater kit buried in a closet or something.

tyytor

i have heard Airlife 75 ( N775AL ) use STACD several times on calls on I-25 and US-85 in colorado,
By wellington and north of nunn.

some others that my be heard in northern Colorado are on Wyoink 02-CAT 4 US-85 tower,
05-CAT 4 Sherman hill tower for ground contact for those that can hear themFYI.

i also know they can it the US-85 tower to talk to Airlife disp. (TG262 Wyolink) from university hosp in denver.
also just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
i have heard Airlife 75 ( N775AL ) use STACD several times on calls on I-25 and US-85 in colorado,
By wellington and north of nunn.

some others that my be heard in northern Colorado are on Wyoink 02-CAT 4 US-85 tower,
05-CAT 4 Sherman hill tower for ground contact for those that can hear themFYI.

i also know they can it the US-85 tower to talk to Airlife disp. (TG262 Wyolink) from university hosp in denver.
also just my 2 cents.

It sure would be nice if they added a few more VHF Wyolink sites in the Denver Metro area or perhaps established inter-system talkgroups on DTRS. I've only heard Wyolink (the US-85 Tower I believe) while Hiking in Jeffco or Boulder County.

Status
Not open for further replies.