North Hudson Fire Using 170.150 DCS 371.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
North Hudson Fire confirmed using 170.150 DCS 371, I am only hearing in Harrison when they announce a run / assignment no other traffic heard at this time, Ken please add this to the data base.

Tony

AlexC

Database Admin
Tony, I don't see this submitted yet as a request to the DB - could you please submit it?

Secondary to this - a lot of Hudson County fire departments have licenses on 170.15. I believe a lot of them shared it back in the day. It's not an odd frequency to see pop back up in use by one of the departments.

If you can submit it I will add it to the NHRFD listing.

Alex

Secondary to this - a lot of Hudson County fire departments have licenses on 170.15. I believe a lot of them shared it back in the day. It's not an odd frequency to see pop back up in use by one of the departments.
There were only a handful of primary fire frequencies in Hudson County back in the day.

Kearny, Harrison, and East Newark were on their own, Jersey City had their two UHF channels, North Bergen was 154.325, and Bayonne was on 166.25, but virtually everyone else was on 170.15. Hoboken, Weehawken, West New York, Union City, Guttenberg, and Secaucus all used it before Fire Control and NHRFR came into existence.

There was also a 453.85 repeater on Margaret Hague for coordination (it's on the county administration building now). It used to blast Irvington.

An old radioman recounted this story:
One of the North Hudson towns put in a service call to his shop because they were hearing Bayonne coming through their radio. Bayonne was always 166.25. What was happening, was there was ducting and Bayonne was being picked up by Philadelphia. The Philadelphia repeater was transmitting them out on 170.15. Philadelphia FD Rescue used to be on 170.15 output, 166.25 input, in carrier squelch.

Status
Not open for further replies.