Brunswick Fire Tacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

I witnessed a Water Rescue in Ocean Isle in Brunswick County today. They had extreme poor portable reception. They kept saying go to fireground. Does anybody know what frequency this is?

KM4WLV

I witnessed a Water Rescue in Ocean Isle in Brunswick County today. They had extreme poor portable reception. They kept saying go to fireground. Does anybody know what frequency this is?

I would tend to agree with the above post about checking the old VHF frequency. Another thing to keep in mind is that in areas where an 800 trunked system is in place and a primary means of communications there are also the 8TAC simplex channels as well. Here in Rowan (NC) County we use 8TAC 91D, 92D, 93D, and 94D when we know we could have trouble with coverage (i.e. manufacturing facilities, etc). We call it 91 direct. Again these are simplex channels so transmit power is very low so you wouldn't pick it up unless very close. Just another idea to look into.

zachgallop

I will try those frequencies. They have had quite a few water rescue very close to me this week on Ocean Isle. That I could receive on simplex and duplex. Thank you for the info!!

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Direct Channels

I think agencies using VIPER also have access to some 700 MHZ Direct P25 Channels. A while back there was a link on here that had them listed for each county. The frequencies were all the same but there were different NAC's for different services. Try these:

Also, as previously mentioned, a lot of agencies do use the 8TAC90 direct channels.

A bump, but anyone in the area can also try marine VHF channels. Back in the 90s Sunset Beach had ch 13 & 16, plus I think 22A programmed for communicating with the USCG. Sunset Beach would routinely respond with OIB, and visa versa.

yardbird

The last time I was down there they were using the following frequency.

154.415 Mhz.

That was the old fire dispatch channel before the countywide paging freq. of 155.520 Mhz.

I never heard a word come across the old Ems & Rescue frequency of 155.745 Mhz.

Hope this helps

David

Status
Not open for further replies.