State Exercise Today???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

Hearing Volunteer Six working Guard 225 on 353.450. Asking if video downlink up of "convoy." Volunteer Six is in "EOC" and mentions "JOC". 353.450 is the CP freq of the TNANG at Memphis International Airport.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Just as we do for Gulf Coast hurricane evacuation, Alabama participates in a reverse lane plan for earthquakes in the region. I think Huntsville & Birmingham are evacuee city hosts as well. At any rate, US-72 & US-78 (Future I-22) will reverse lane for any West Tennessee/Northeastern Arkansas, Southeastern Missouri, and etc. quakes.

Or, that is what's supposed to happen. Last time I remember any Alabama drills to that affect was in the early nineties, or maybe even the late eighties.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
They do the same for drills in MS.. I-55, I-59, I-20, I-10, for hurricane reversals... There are plans for I-55, I-20 reversals for NMFZ events. Have hot heard anything about an actual drill for NMFZ stuff yet, but they regularly do Hurricane, and Nuclear Disaster drills. Also in reversal planning for things are US 84, 27, 28, 33, 51, 49 and others. Jackson being the primary Evac hub, along with other Metro areas, including Hattiesburg.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Ive heard several TEMA units marking on duty early this morning enroute to TEMA West on the TACN System.

Status
Not open for further replies.