San Bernardino City fire radio switch out today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

breed909

Premium Subscriber
Ok so today i was monitoring system 10 and i heard 602 tell truck 332 to get to county radio to switch out there radios .. then i heard 602 tell city that they where switching to county 800 Lena !! anyone know what they are doing? I know that SB city fire is switching to county fire in 9 days but do not know what county 800 Lena is anyone know the frequencies ??

jlanfn

California Database Admin
I would guess they were referring to the County's General Services Facility which has an entrance off of Lena Road. I believe this is where ISD handles the county radio equipping.

thesheepdog

Like someone previously mentioned this is referencing SBFD equipment heading to the shop off lena and 3rd to get their radios swapped out. Confire aka "comm center" is taking over dispatch at 0800 July 1st and all traffic will now be on 6 Fire 3 with Rialto being moved back to 6 Fire 1 to help free up some air space since that will be a very busy channel. The full transition including personnel is official July 3rd.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Talk about a big step back for the SB City Chief, back to a Captain on an engine.

Don't cry too much. The chief officers negotiated an amazing exit package $$$ with the city.

Radios are being swapped out this week. Old Motorola VHF's come out and BK GMH mobiles get installed if not already in the engine. 800mhz "spectras" come out and XTL5000's go in. XTL2500's get updated programming.

breed909

Premium Subscriber
Yeah i have been catching bits and peaces there just so much traffic on 6 for fire guess gonna have to take the time and start writing down id's oh happy days thanks for your help ..

jrholm

And 8fire1 is no longerr linked to the valley side, they are now paired with morongo units.....

f40ph

Feed Provider
And 8fire1 is no longerr linked to the valley side, they are now paired with morongo units.....

Yes, the dispatcher working the East Valley 6-fire-3 is now a separate person. The 8-fire-1 mountain area dispatcher now works also with 4-fire-1 in Yucca Valley/Morongo basin and the patch is now between 8-fire1, 4-fire-1, and 5-fire-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.