Trip To SLC next weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I'm heading up north for a trip for a couple of days and preparing my scanner for the trip, scanning in SLC is so overwhelming at times cuz there is so much to listen to compared to Price. I'm taking a few scanners with me to help with the amount of stuff going on. Is there Much Digital stuff up there to listen too, besides whats in the database? I'm going to be near south and west Jordan..

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Also I see DMR used in Provo and Logan, is there any other DMR used in SLC, that's still being monitored and investigated that may not be in the DB Yet? I may upgrade to DMR while visiting in SLC if I can find enough sites to listen to...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N7YUO

The large amount of trunked Public Safety channels in Salt Lake County can make scanning overwhelming. I break it up into sections.
Bank 1 is the Unified PD.
Bank 2 is Salt Lake City.
Bank 3 is all the other jurisdictions.
In each of those banks, I also include UHP, Regional, Landing Zones, and any other common use channels.
You could break it up further by putting Sandy, Draper, S Jordan, W Jordan in a bank.
Cottonwood, S Salt Lake, W Valley, Murray etc. in another bank.
So, if you hear a shots fired or robbery in progress in W Jordan, you can quickly turn off those other banks and listen to the hot action.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Also I see DMR used in Provo and Logan, is there any other DMR used in SLC, that's still being monitored and investigated that may not be in the DB Yet? I may upgrade to DMR while visiting in SLC if I can find enough sites to listen to...

I found quite a few DMR AND MOTOTRBO Sites I have posted a thread about it

Status
Not open for further replies.