Has anyone actually recieved there trx1 or 2 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1

Received mine today from ZipScanner. Listening to it right now! Awesome pricing from ZipScanner, no tax and free shipping. Ordered on Sunday online, spoke with them Monday and received it today. Can't ask for better.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I am interested in knowing if the TRX line still suffers from overload on the vhf band. Right now my ws1080 won't pickup vhf unless I use a filter for the fm broadcast band.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Some were saying they were tracking them and should have them today i wonder what happened? Congrats by the way. I would order mine just waiting for the first round of reviews.

Perhaps those who have them in hand are enjoying them, and giving others reports of their effectiveness isn't a priority. When there is news, there will be news.

...patience. (or buy one)

rudd

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Perhaps those who have them in hand are enjoying them, and giving others reports of their effectiveness isn't a priority. When there is news, there will be news.

...patience. (or buy one)

More important questions (performance aside)! I have one in the mail, just wanted to ask the 2 following questions so I can appropriately set my level of disappointment / enjoyment when it arrives..

1. Does it prompt you to enter the time and date every time you power on the scanner?
2. Are all features advertised to be in the product launch in the product?

Sorry for such silly questions but I've been burned before by a competitor!

Rudd.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I am interested in knowing if the TRX line still suffers from overload on the vhf band. Right now my ws1080 won't pickup vhf unless I use a filter for the fm broadcast band.

This is THE issue that kept me away from GRE scanners for years. There was a statement somewhere that there is alleged improvement regarding this problem. Whether it is accurate remains to be seen, but I will surely provide a report. :D

woodpecker

Received mine today from ZipScanner. Listening to it right now! Awesome pricing from ZipScanner, no tax and free shipping. Ordered on Sunday online, spoke with them Monday and received it today. Can't ask for better.

What is the FCC ID on the label?

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1

I am going to attempt to answer a number of questions relative to the TRX-1 taking into consideration I am no guru of scanners.
1. The FCC ID on the back of my unit is: HSXSC10.
2. The unit comes with a TRX-1 (obviously) with Micro SD card in it, a USB cable, an antennae and user manual with quick start sheet.
3. I received the unit from ZipScanner.com and am delighted with pricing, service and delivery.

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1

Once you have initially setup the unit, time and date are set and not prompted to re-enter. Also,I have never had an overload problem with VHF in my area - Northeast Ohio, Greater Cleveland area. That is with my PSR800 and now the TRX-1.

Last edited:

woodpecker

I am going to attempt to answer a number of questions relative to the TRX-1 taking into consideration I am no guru of scanners.
1. The FCC ID on the back of my unit is: HSXSC10.
2. The unit comes with a TRX-1 (obviously) with Micro SD card in it, a USB cable, an antennae and user manual with quick start sheet.
3. I received the unit from ZipScanner.com and am delighted with pricing, service and delivery.

Wow!

That makes it identical hardware to the WS1088, is this some kind of trickery that its a new model?

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Once you have initially setup the unit, time and date are set and not prompted to re-enter. Also,I have never had an overload problem with VHF in my area - Northeast Ohio, Greater Cleveland area. That is with my PSR800 and now the TRX-1.
I had a PSR-500, and reception was destroyed by VHF overload and intermod at the plaza by I-271 and Harvard. And other nearby places too. I think those were people's first experiences, and last memories, of GRE VHF overload.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone actually recieved *their trx1 or 2 yet?

Being a son of a 30+ year English Teacher means little stuff like the above really irks me.

That being said I look forward to seeing the on hand reviews from those that have the new radios!

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.