MotoTRBO system with Restricted Access to System enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garymaxon1234

I’m trying to monitor a MotoTRBO Connect Plus system. The system is not encrypted but the RAS is enabled. I can hear audio with DSDPlus but not on a MD-380. Will any of the Whistler radios decode the audio?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That's up in the air right now... I haven't seen a distinct yes or no answer on this.

But... The Uniden DMR firmware works with RAS so I would *expect* Whister eventually will too, if it doesn't currently.

As for the MD-380 there was discussion regarding the modified firmware allowing RAS reception but it hasn't gone anywhere as far as I know.

cookmaster

Regarding Whistler scanners with the latest Firmware

(Reply With Quote,i can say for sure whistler scanners do not work currently on CAP+ systems using RAS,see my quote below) Don Star, anyone else That might know the answer, i am trying to listening to a local Marriott Hotel CAP+ i was literally setting in their parking lot in my car on a CAP+ system, according DSD+ they are using RAS,my WS-1088 is showing the (S) and (T) symbols, but its not opening squelch at all and not showing any Talk Groups active or anything, i program the WS-1088 first as a Trunk system with a wild card and then as a conventional DMR trunk system with a wild card,still did not make a difference,it seems to me if a CAP+ DMR system is using RAS we will not be able to Monitor it this a fact!!!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
As I mentioned this can hopefully be added in a future firmware release. I don't believe the Unidens decoded w/RAS initially either.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.