LNA-Dual Vu-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpincins

In an effort to boost my receiving abilities I purchased a dual band preamplifier from Scanner master. I am having trouble finding a source to power the pre-amp. I would prefer running a coax cable from the center input (so239) to an outlet in my house, but I am unable to find something that matches the specs. I believe the correct setup will be a rg58 cable, with a so239 connector to F connector, to outlet. The antenna to preamp to scanner will be connected with a short jumper cable from the antenna to pre-amp, and then a 60' run of lmr-400 to the scanner. I already have the seperate cable and appropriate length so I would like to run the cable separately. Any help would be appreciated concerning the power supply.
Thanks!

Pre-Amp:
LNA-DUAL-VU-O Pre-Amplifier | Scanner Master

prcguy

Since this preamp doesn't use a bias T to run the power up the coax all you need is a cheap run of RG6 coax from a 12V power supply or wall transformer in the house and use a male PL-259 to female F adapter at the power input connector on the preamp.

I have a 12V 200mA wall transformer in my hand that has an F connector for its voltage output and that would allow you to use RG6 for power cable with F connectors on both ends. This power supply is a DVE model DV-1220DC and maybe you can find one on Ebay or similar.
prcguy

In an effort to boost my receiving abilities I purchased a dual band preamplifier from Scanner master. I am having trouble finding a source to power the pre-amp. I would prefer running a coax cable from the center input (so239) to an outlet in my house, but I am unable to find something that matches the specs. I believe the correct setup will be a rg58 cable, with a so239 connector to F connector, to outlet. The antenna to preamp to scanner will be connected with a short jumper cable from the antenna to pre-amp, and then a 60' run of lmr-400 to the scanner. I already have the seperate cable and appropriate length so I would like to run the cable separately. Any help would be appreciated concerning the power supply.
Thanks!

Pre-Amp:
LNA-DUAL-VU-O Pre-Amplifier | Scanner Master

dpincins

Since this preamp doesn't use a bias T to run the power up the coax all you need is a cheap run of RG6 coax from a 12V power supply or wall transformer in the house and use a male PL-259 to female F adapter at the power input connector on the preamp.

I have a 12V 200mA wall transformer in my hand that has an F connector for its voltage output and that would allow you to use RG6 for power cable with F connectors on both ends. This power supply is a DVE model DV-1220DC and maybe you can find one on Ebay or similar.
prcguy

Could you possibly turn me to something online that I could purchase? I know the specs read as DC12 20V / 60mA. Not really sure what that means/what to look for.

JamesO

Not sure why anyone would consider purchasing the Scanner Master amplifier due to the cost, high noise figure and narrow band operation.

For less than half the cost of the Scanner Master amplifier you can get a wideband mast mounted amplifier with a superior Noise Figure that can also be fed DC power via the coax with an optional Bias T.

LNA Low Noise Amplifier for Ham Radio FM Radio Dxing AIS Ads B | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.