Database?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

2 New things in the CT data base that are incorrect

Stratford PW now has a DMR trunking system. nope its a Mototrbo repeater 1 frequency doing GPS, Same as Shelton & Easton PW

Weston FD Ch1 is now digital??? They still use the 453.850 analog for all day to day operations and dispatching, the new digital channel is their BS channel and has encryption most of the time

Don't get fooled by updates to the data base, most of the time they are wrong

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
So have you submitted these via the "Submit" button in the proper county?

The database is only as good as the people who provide its content...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

Stratford PW now has a DMR trunking system. nope its a Mototrbo repeater 1 frequency doing GPS, Same as Shelton & Easton PW

I can only assume you are referring to this:
Stratford Public Works Trunking System, Stratford, Connecticut - Scanner Frequencies

If so that is indeed both a DMR Capacity Plus and a "MotoTRBO repeater 1 frequency doing GPS" as you assert. You do realize they can be one and the same right??? In other words your criticism holds no merit considering the database is correct.

Weston FD Ch1 is now digital??? They still use the 453.850 analog for all day to day operations and dispatching, the new digital channel is their BS channel and has encryption most of the time

Then please hit the big "SUBMIT INFO" button at the top of the page and make a submission to get the database updated/corrected. Like anything else in our universe the database can be wrong from time to time and the only way for it to get more accurate is for the RR membership to take pride in the site and make it better with accurate submissions.

Don't get fooled by updates to the data base, most of the time they are wrong

Ah, yes...the old "DURRR THE DATABASE IS ALWAYS WRONG DURR DURR. I COULD HELP MAKE IT BETTER BUT INSTEAD I AM JUST GONNA WHINE LIKE A PETULANT CHILD AND MAKE FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT IT ALWAYS BEING WRONG DURR DURRRR".

Like I said above: Have corrections/updates? Please submit it through the submission process and, if accurate, the database will be modified/corrected.
But don't expect anyone to give your complaints any credibility if you don't help to make the database better :)

Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

N1GTL

Database Admin

Do you mean to say that they have a single frequency MotoTRBO system and they are using Time Slot 1 for voice and Time Slot 2 is the revert channel for GPS?

I can fix the database but if I do, I want to make it correct.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I am not within range of Stratford.

If this is a Capacity Plus system, there will be a beacon on the frequency. The default is every 1.9 seconds but it can certainly be changed. Most times, it is left at that default setting. Listening to the frequency in analog mode, you will hear the beacon. If it is a Capacity Plus system with more than one frequency, the beacon can roll to a second (or third, etc) repeater in what is referred to as the rest channel. Based on the discussion, it looks like it is a single repeater.

If the frequency is monitored and no beacon is heard, it is most likely just a MotoTRBO single repeater system. If someone is interested in monitoring it and reports back, I'll be happy to change the database.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
Very simple
List the frequency and the Talk groups ids.

And really if it is not capacity plus it is not a trunked

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Very simple
List the frequency and the Talk groups ids.

And really if it is not capacity plus it is not a trunked

If it's not Capacity Plus it's not trunked? What are Connect Plus and DMR Tier III then?

And if you're only listing frequency and TGID, what do you do when two places two blocks away from each other have the same frequency and TGID but different color codes and timeslots? (This exists where I am and many other places.)

APX7500X2

I can only assume you are referring to this:
Stratford Public Works Trunking System, Stratford, Connecticut - Scanner Frequencies

Like I said above: Have corrections/updates? Please submit it through the submission process and, if accurate, the database will be modified/corrected.
But don't expect anyone to give your complaints any credibility if you don't help to make the database better :)

Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Wow you cry like a little baby, but anyway people do submit things that are correct, then 3 months later it gets changed to incorrect, and this goes on and on over and over.

I love how you try and show that you know DMR so well, must be a hamster thing? Whatever, keep it wrong, I'm sure you listen to the 3 systems and know exactly what they are

How do you have any idea if its accurate info? you just had 2 changes to the Fairfield county page that were totally wrong, how did you verify it?

oh yea DURRR THE DATABASE IS ALWAYS WRONG DURR DURR. I COULD HELP MAKE IT BETTER BUT INSTEAD I AM JUST GONNA WHINE LIKE A PETULANT CHILD AND MAKE FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT IT ALWAYS BEING WRONG DURR DURRRR".

OUCH.....The claims I made aren't false

Get your dictionary out, I'm waiting for your next reply with a big word thrown in to look smart

N1GTL

Database Admin
How do you have any idea if its accurate info? you just had 2 changes to the Fairfield county page that were totally wrong, how did you verify it?

I may have, over the past 9 years, changed something from correct to incorrect based on a users submission. I don't know. It was not these systems you mention. I am not in range to hear every system in every part of the state to verify all submissions. This is a community of hobbyists who probably do their best to share what they find with the rest of the hobbyists.

MotoTRBO/DMR is fairly new to the monitoring community. Until recently, no scanners were capable of receiving those systems. Even less people understand, time slots, color codes, subscribers ID's, Talk Group ID's and how they differ in IPSC, Capacity Plus, LCP, Connect Plus, etc. I DO!

I just checked the submission page and there is nothing from you or anyone else about the errors. I'm guessing you have first hand knowledge of one or more of these systems. As I said, if you know of corrections that need to be made, submit them and help the monitoring community.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I have submitted info that was correct only to have it changed back to incorrect months later.

I can feel your frustration (Both things you pointed out are incorrect) and I feel bad for the scanner users that rely on the data base to program scanners, but as N1GTL posted its a hobby and people do make mistakes

If you would like I will submit the Weston correction, You will have to fight out the Stratford thing, I know its not any type of trunking, Site connect or Capacity Plus, but with DMR being new in scanners im not sure how the scanners decode it, and maybe you have to put it in that way.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
here is how my system is setup in middlefield

152.300 RX
CC1

Fallout Services TS 1 TG 6
Everett electrcial TS1 TG 5
New Image Landscaping TS 2 TG 4

Status
Not open for further replies.