Nassau FireCom CrossBand

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I heard something that sounded distant, like something through a tin-can, through a Solo cup into another tin-can. I could barely make it out, which is why I was wondering if it was a 'real' cross band, or if I was picking up something faintly that was bleeding over.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Try 453.8750 PL 100.0 It is the new UHF paging channel. Seems the county wants to try and use UHF now and move departments off the low band. This is not a cross band of 46.10 and you will hear a handful of departments actively using it.

sefrischling

Thank you. I head back down this Friday, I'll see what pops up.

Happen to know of any in the 2nd/3rd/4th Battalions are on it, aside from Woodmere?

scannersnstuff

i live in coastal eastern monmouth county. i saw this thread this morning. threw the new frequency in my bcd396xt with the radioshack 800 mhz. duck. picking it up 5 x 5. i heard Lido page out for a structure fire, and a few other call's.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
i live in coastal eastern monmouth county. i saw this thread this morning. threw the new frequency in my bcd396xt with the radioshack 800 mhz. duck. picking it up 5 x 5. i heard Lido page out for a structure fire, and a few other call's.

Funny you should mention that your in Jersey and picking up lido. I am in East Islip Ny and pick up Gateway National Recreation Area 5 X 5 with sdr and an indoor antenna facing East. The park is south west of me.

scannersnstuff

hi, dave3825. i live in the area of sandy hook <gateway> . i listen to their fd/ems thru county, but not to the police. they just don't stop in the summer.

sefrischling

OK, dropped 453.8750, with the PL 100.0 into the XTS3000. I understand why they are on 46.xx, changing over all those radios and pagers is a pain in the @$$. But with nearly every FD having UHF for fireground, they are already on the band, so changing pagers is the only significant expense since FireCom is already on UHF as well as 46.xx

(Yes, I know I am overly simplifying it)

KC2zZe

Actually, the bigger motivation throughout the Metro area behind the migration away from the 33.->50.00 band for alerting is the fact that Motorola, starting with the rollout of the Minitor VI, is no longer manufacturing pagers capable of the VHF-low band. With previous Minitor models no longer being supported by Motorola (parts for and service of Vs, IVs, and back will become / already has become a problem) and competing manufacturer's products being looked at skeptically (rightly so, in some instances), the only option left to some counties is to abandon low band for paging and move toward a band that a VI can be bought for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.