Audio server problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I was wondering if there are still issues with either audio9 or audio1 servers dropping out? Especially on audio9, I have been having intermittent issues with it either dropping out or my is provider dropping out.

I would assume it is audio9 server as if it was my provider, it would knock all of my audio servers out at the same time which normally does not happen. However both servers were down early this morning.

I would like to be able to check by running a continuous feed trace to find out which one it is, but all I can find is they only check for 9-10 stops then start over again. Unfortunately it does not save the traces so I can not track it down.

Any one have any ideas? Or do I just put up with it?

Thanks

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I was wondering if there are still issues with either audio9 or audio1 servers dropping out? Especially on audio9, I have been having intermittent issues with it either dropping out or my is provider dropping out.

I would assume it is audio9 server as if it was my provider, it would knock all of my audio servers out at the same time which normally does not happen. However both servers were down early this morning.

It may not be either one - it may be somewhere else along the network path, something out of the control of your ISP and Broadcastify.

I would like to be able to check by running a continuous feed trace to find out which one it is, but all I can find is they only check for 9-10 stops then start over again. Unfortunately it does not save the traces so I can not track it down.

Have you tried PingPlotter?

A couple of years ago, I was having intermittent connection issues with my feeds - they would randomly drop out and reconnect, sometime immediately, sometimes taking 10-15 minutes or more. I ran PingPlotter and had my ISP roll a truck. I showed the results of PingPlotter to the tech, who called his supervisor to discuss it. Turned out that the problem was the coax connector out on the pole ... some water had gotten in it, which affected my Internet connection but not my cable TV. The tech replaced the connector and everything has been A-OK since then. Before leaving, the tech thanked me for providing the PingPlotter graph; it gave him and his supervisor some insight into the problem that they wouldn't have otherwise had, because their test equipment didn't show any issues.

Last edited:

an39511

This has happened several times to me over the years. In all cases it was a problem with the ISP. Two cases were caused by squirrel chews. Ping Plotter will help you figure out where the issue is. I have multiple feeds running on both audio1 and audio9 and experience no drops.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Drop outs to the Broadcastify server can be caused wherever there is a single point of failure. Not in the middle of the internet. Problem is always the last mile (or ISP to the end point) on each end. No one else is posting about dropouts so I suspect the Broadcastify side is okay.

AVG AntiVirus software is known to interrupt TCP traffic and therefore cause drop outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.