Tampa Port Authority DMR Programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hello all. I am stumped on how to enter this system (Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
154.87500 WQWJ995 BM CC 1
TG *
SL * Special Ops Special Ops (Group Call 5000 / TS1) DMR Public Works
155.61000 WQWJ995 RM CC 1
TG *
SL * Operations Operations (Group Call 1000 / TS1) DMR Public Works
155.61000 WQWJ995 RM CC 1
TG *
SL * Security Security (Group Call 2000 / TS2) DMR Security
155.61000 WQWJ995 BM RptBu/SpOps RptBu/SpOps (Group Call 16000 / TS1) DMR Public Works
156.01500 KRJ774 BM CC 1
TG *
SL * Facilities Facilities (Group Call 3000 / TS1) DMR Public Works
158.86500 KD39441 BM CC 1
TG *
SL * Eng/Survey Eng/Survey (Group Call 4000 / TS1) DMR Public Works
159.12000 WQWJ995 BM CC 1
TG *
SL * Cruise Ops Cruise Ops (Group Call 6000 / TS1) DMR Public Works)
into a 436 by hand. What should the correct system format be when programming in the menu for instance? I've looked at DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki and tried putting it in as all of the options listed with no luck. Any thoughts appreciated, TT.

CanesFan95

I don't own that scanner, so I'm not sure about the exact specifics. But it looks like it's DMR conventional (not Capacity or Connect Plus). I would suspect the "TS 1" means time slot 1, which you might have to program into the scanner. Same thing with CC1 (Color Code 1) and the talk group (TG) IDs. Unless the scanner lets you search wide open, the you might have to program all that in somehow.

But let me ask you this. Are you able to hear any signal at all on conventional analog? Looking at the license data, these are low- heightth antennas. So their signal might not go very far and maybe you're outta range? Those frequencies are close to the marine channels which means they prolly have to keep it down, since DMR is notorious for its interference.

Have you gotten it to work on other DMR frequencies? Here's a list I've gathered in Excel:

Zippyshare.com - DMR Trunked Systems.xlsx

tampatracker

I don't own that scanner, so I'm not sure about the exact specifics. But it looks like it's DMR conventional (not Capacity or Connect Plus). I would suspect the "TS 1" means time slot 1, which you might have to program into the scanner. Same thing with CC1 (Color Code 1) and the talk group (TG) IDs. Unless the scanner lets you search wide open, the you might have to program all that in somehow.

But let me ask you this. Are you able to hear any signal at all on conventional analog? Looking at the license data, these are low- heightth antennas. So their signal might not go very far and maybe you're outta range? Those frequencies are close to the marine channels which means they prolly have to keep it down, since DMR is notorious for its interference.

Have you gotten it to work on other DMR frequencies? Here's a list I've gathered in Excel:

Zippyshare.com - DMR Trunked Systems.xlsx
Homeboy - I've entered it as a single channel trunk with each channel entered as a separate system, then a DMR system with each channel shown given a progressive LCN as they are listed in order in the database. All I'm getting on the single channels is the motorboating sound and nothing heard on the DMR system. I have got the BCI system in there, programmed by hand, and it comes in great. Obviously I am no expert on DMR, but there's got to be a way to do it, or wait until they add this system to the downloadable data base on RR so maybe I can get it in using ARC536 Basic. Or until Sentinel is up and running. P.S. Just after writing the above I downloaded the latest database update on Sentinel and it's still not listed in there. P.S. #2 It IS in the EZ Scan database though, so I will put it in when I get home and post my results.

Last edited:

CanesFan95

DMR conventional shouldn't have an LCN. And I would think it shouldn't be programmed as a trunking system naturally, unless that's the only option in the scanner. Which one of those Port frequencies are you hearing motorboating activity on? With an indoor apartment antenna and not living close to there, I prolly won't be in range, but I could try it with DSD Plus. Or, do you already use DSD Plus?

tampatracker

I have DSD+ plus but have not tried this system on it yet. I have loaded it up into my 1088 and am now just waiting. The only thing between me and the port are two bodies of water and Davis Islands, so range should not be a issue. If you have EZ Scan maybe you can take a look at it and see what you think, it's under - Categories - Hillsborough Co. - Subcategories - Tampa P.A. I was hearing the motor-boating on 155.61, so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.