Vernon Fire Dept switching to Verdugo Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Saw on "Code R Decals and Graphics" facebook page that Vernon Fire Department has changed their unit identifiers and will be leaving Downey Fire Dispatch this Sunday to join Verdugo Fire Communications. They'll be Station 76,77,78,79 as the attached photos show. I find it interesting since they're pretty much surrounded by either LAFD and LACoFD, but it will be cool to see how things play out. Happy listening!
6276b57f4d0c1d5d2c41da12b4f28f5f.jpg
d6b4531ce93294aacd52415cbe856c44.jpg
0d32abe8446204c150e105ff6bac11e5.jpg

allend

Premium Subscriber
Interesting thing about Vernon Police and Fire is that they have always had their own fire and police department. Their PD still has their own VHF frequency and Fire use to have their own VHF fire Dispatch frequency too.

Not sure why they ever merged into Area E dispatch over at Downey Fire Dispatch. Probably was a money thing and just had Downey Fire Dispatch take over.

Downey Fire Dispatch use to dispatch for Lynwood Fire and Montebello Fire and lost Lynwood Fire years ago to LACOFD and lost Montebello over to Verdugo a few years back. Now Vernon Fire leaving Downey Fire Dispatch to Verdugo. I bet Vernon PD will join ICIS soon too. Seems reasonable.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The Verdugo-Vernon deal was approved back in February or so.
Part of the change in dispatch provider will also see LA County reassign Vernon Fire from mutual aid area "E" to area "C" city.

As far as ICIS, they previously applied for grant funding to expand the planned Montebello P-25 Cell site with additional tower in Vernon. In addition City of Vernon has also entered into agreement with City of Montebello which allows its police force to become an ICIS subscriber and transition over if and once grant funding source is determined for required equipment replacement.

From what I understand the Vernon-Verdugo/Montebello agreements calls for 2 Fire and 3 future Police talkgroups being established for Vernon.

Vernon FD Admin
Vernon FD Training

Vernon PD Dispatch
Vernon PD Tac-1
Vernon PD Tac-2

Status
Not open for further replies.