Virginia - Dulles (IAD) DMR discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarvalho

All

Need some guidance.
I ran a discovery on Aeronautical Radio (IAD) after adding a new frequency to the site 460.8750:
Aeronautical Radio (IAD) Trunking System, Dulles Airport, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

I fond several new TalkGroups but they are all apparently encrypted as my BCD536HP shows "ENC" when stopping on them.

This system has 1 site with 2 Confirmed LCNs. As I mentioned above I added 460.8750 LCN and ran discovery.
Found the following TGs: *(besides the original TG 17 and 31)

Am I doing something incorrect or these TGs are really encrypted?
I did this for the first time ever so I'm not sure what / if I'm doing it wrong.

Software for programming: BUTEL ARC536PRO

ecarvalho

Added LCN 465.7125 and found TG 35 - it is definitely ground operations for an airline. Language is Spanish. I will listen to it a bit more to see if I can identify the company.

Potential candidates:
AeroMexico (Mexican airline)
Avianca (Colombian airline)
Copa (Panama airline) (already potentially identified on TG 31)
LATAM (Chilean airline)

Airlines serving Dulles Int'l Airport:
http://www.flydulles.com/iad/airlines-serving-dulles-international

Last edited:

dtscho

Database Admin
Added LCN 465.7125 and found TG 35 - it is definitely ground operations for an airline. Language is Spanish. I will listen to it a bit more to see if I can identify the company.

Potential candidates:
AeroMexico (Mexican airline)
Avianca (Colombian airline)
Copa (Panama airline) (already potentially identified on TG 31)
LATAM (Chilean airline)

Airlines serving Dulles Int'l Airport:
Airlines Serving Dulles International | Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority

Listen for flight destinations, flight numbers, etc. You should eventually have enough information to search on the Internet.

Dave

ecarvalho

460.875 is American Airlines DMR WPTS651

465.7125 is an input frequency for the Aeronautical Radio system.

Would you suggest I remove 465.7125 and keep 460.875?
460.875 seems to be encrypted "ENC".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtscho

Database Admin
Correct - don't use 465.7125. You need 460.8500 as part of the system, not 460.8750. 460.8750 is a conventional DMR frequency for American Airlines (frequency is not related to the Capacity Plus system).

Dave

ecarvalho

Correct - don't use 465.7125. You need 460.8500 as part of the system, not 460.8750. 460.8750 is a conventional DMR frequency for American Airlines (frequency is not related to the Capacity Plus system).

Dave

in other words.. what is on RR DB now is correct and I should not add any LCN ... yes? I want to run a discovery on it. Is it a good idea?
I also got the united air dmr but no signal on it... I'm pretty close to Dulles ... I'm in Aldie / Stone Ridge.

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, what is on RR for the Aero Radio system is correct - no frequencies need to be added. Yes, running Discovery would be beneficial.

The United system cannot be received from very far away - you may want to move closer to the airport and see if that helps.

Dave

ecarvalho

Yes, what is on RR for the Aero Radio system is correct - no frequencies need to be added. Yes, running Discovery would be beneficial.

The United system cannot be received from very far away - you may want to move closer to the airport and see if that helps.

Dave

Thanks Dave.
I'm going to clean up my fav list and start fresh with new discovery session.
73s

ecarvalho

perhaps an active antenna could help me pull the United Air DMR signal

mrrehab

Premium Subscriber
United IAD system

The United system at Dulles uses only two repeaters. One is midfield, other down by freight houses. The system range is only good for less then 5 miles. Used to be good as far as Herndon area with slight break up before system change. Pretty much you must be in the airport area to pick it up. I have most of the zone layout already. Zones are as follows: CG ( claim belts/ bag room/ bag drivers/ cargo vehicles/ pet safe operations/ express bagroom and gates. Group of dispatchers known as BCC control channels), SUPPORT (all vehicle,buildings,aircraft mechanical channels), TECH OPS mostly electronic repair teams for scanners, wi-fi, radios, computers, etc), SPECIAL OPERATIONS (deicing trucks), INFLIGHT,TEAMS ( don't know what this is yet). Most chatter will be found in the CG zone. I think there is one more zone for the GATE crews broken down in to maybe 4 areas with each having what is called PA9. That is the desk that clears passengers and baggage for flights. I am not familiar with DMR system as of yet. Lots to learn. I think the CG zone may end in a 028 number. More to come as I learn.

ecarvalho

The United system at Dulles uses only two repeaters. One is midfield, other down by freight houses. The system range is only good for less then 5 miles. Used to be good as far as Herndon area with slight break up before system change. Pretty much you must be in the airport area to pick it up. I have most of the zone layout already. Zones are as follows: CG ( claim belts/ bag room/ bag drivers/ cargo vehicles/ pet safe operations/ express bagroom and gates. Group of dispatchers known as BCC control channels), SUPPORT (all vehicle,buildings,aircraft mechanical channels), TECH OPS mostly electronic repair teams for scanners, wi-fi, radios, computers, etc), SPECIAL OPERATIONS (deicing trucks), INFLIGHT,TEAMS ( don't know what this is yet). Most chatter will be found in the CG zone. I think there is one more zone for the GATE crews broken down in to maybe 4 areas with each having what is called PA9. That is the desk that clears passengers and baggage for flights. I am not familiar with DMR system as of yet. Lots to learn. I think the CG zone may end in a 028 number. More to come as I learn.

nice info mr rehab and thank you!
I'm in aldie near stone ridge so I suppose no luck

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, I was having trouble picking up the United system even from the Chantilly Crossing Shopping Center at Rt. 28 and Rt. 50. Part of the problem is that there seems to be some major interference in the 935-940 MHz band from that location. Site 6 was stronger for me from Chantilly Crossing, but site 5 appeared to have more talkgroups active.

Dave

ecarvalho

cool
I don't drive my 536 around so chances are I will never monitor the United Air DMR ... is Okay, I'm just glad to know it is not my radios' fault.
Also, American Air on 460.875 is now DMR slot1 color code 1 but no clue what TG that is since discovering would not show it on conventional limited search

Status
Not open for further replies.