• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

mts 2000 programming 800 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
can someone help me i have a mts 2000 800 mhz radio im using a usb to rs 232 serial adaptor for it. i have windows 8.1 64 bit and i cannot get it to read any suggestions, it keeps saying invalid data , comport not availible im lost any help would be great.

N4KVE

To PROPERLY program a MTS2000, you need a Windows XP machine [or earlier} & a true serial port laptop. Anything else is a hit or miss.

TheWarlock

I've never tried to program a mts2000 on win 7 but I have tried on a Mac running Windows and it failed. For less than $50 I got a Windows XP computer and it works very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro-91, MTS 2000 800MHz, Astro Saber VHF

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
thanks warlock

i also could not programm my mtx 8250 i have a aftermarket cable and it does ht 1250 and 750 but i get the same error code as mts and im using trunking software any help on this one too would be helpfull im frustrated.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
thank you

one more question does it have to be xp or is xp pro ok and i hear 32 bit is a better solution i hate to be a pain but i am all new to this your advice is leading me in a good direction. i been searching e bay for a used laptop xp 32 bit but all i see is xp pro.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
mts

thank you moon boots and warlock you guys are great. im on it

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
i will hit you up with my e mail if that is ok i could use help but i got a little further you have been a great help

Status
Not open for further replies.