Trunker / eTrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Does anyone on here know how to make the old Trunker / eTrunker programs work in Windows 7 64-bit? There's a windows version of it, but it doesn't work on Windows 7. Thanks.

LimaZulu

Try this:
right click over the .exe file -> go to compatibility tab -> check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" -> choose from the drop down menu

CanesFan95

I tried a few of the drop-down options (Windows 95, 98, & XP) and none of em worked. I get an error message saying its not compatible with the version of Windows I'm using.

CanesFan95

I'm on 64-bit Windows 7. If I use DOSBox, how would I go about setting the TRACKENV variable?

SCPD

QRT
The same way you'd do it in DOS. Create a BAT file that (a) sets whatever environment strings you need and (b) runs the program.

CanesFan95

Do I have to make the .bat file run at startup, or can I just run it whenever? I thought before, you had to use autoexec.bat which Windows knew to run at startup. But I'm not seeing any autoexec.bat in Windows 7.

CanesFan95

When I try to run the Windows version ewtrnk.exe in DOSBox, it gives some message about Windows NT and it doesn't run. But If I run the DOS version etrunk.exe, it runs. Is there any way to make it run the Windows version? Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 169

slicerwizard

Do I have to make the .bat file run at startup, or can I just run it whenever?
Whenever.

I thought before, you had to use autoexec.bat
No, that was never the case.

When I try to run the Windows version ewtrnk.exe in DOSBox, it gives some message about Windows NT and it doesn't run. But If I run the DOS version etrunk.exe, it runs. Is there any way to make it run the Windows version? Thanks.
If you tried to run a Windows program under true DOS, how could it possibly work? DOS knows nothing about Windows. And here you want to run a Windows program in a DOS emulator...

Why don't you run the Windows version in Windows?

CanesFan95

When I try to run the Windows version in Windows, I always get this error.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 121

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Why not just use UniTrunker?

It's been ages since I used ewtrnk... is there a config file to specify the audio device? I can't recall.

CanesFan95

Well, I'm looking for an alternative to Unitrunker for better voice following functionality. Yes, there is a file called TRACKENV.txt with a setting of TRACKSLICERPORT=WIN2 to tell it to use the sound card.

slicerwizard

Well, you got it running... :)

Looks like it can't open the default sound input device in whatever mode (sample rate, bit depth, channel count, ...) it wants.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Wow, my ancient contribution to trunker/etrunker. :)

If you do a -h on the command line, the help output should give sound devices and names. I will guess you do not have a WIN2 device. WIN means WaveIn. Batch files are used for settings like the DOS versions, but I think some settings can be changed via the menus.

If you have Windows 7 Pro or higher, you could install and try XP Mode. It is basically a 32 bit Windows XP system in a virtual machine.

73 Eric

CanesFan95

And I'm not knocking Unitrunker by any means. The knowledge and time these programmers spend bring this hobby to another level.

But I actually already tried the help thing and WIN2 is the one I need. The scanner tap is going into the mic input on the front of the computer. But even with WIN2, I still get that error message.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.