okaloosa county 460.075

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
I am getting what sounds like data burst on 460.075( Fort Walton Beach PD). Also there at times is voice comm from the dispatcher at times. Is this intermod, actual data being sent, or is it something else. One the same note. The mutual aid frequency shows a signal but no audio. Any thoughts on that.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I am getting what sounds like data burst on 460.075( Fort Walton Beach PD). Also there at times is voice comm from the dispatcher at times. Is this intermod, actual data being sent, or is it something else. One the same note. The mutual aid frequency shows a signal but no audio. Any thoughts on that.

I'm not hearing any data bursts on 460.075, or a signal with no audio on 460.275. I would say it could be caused by intermod, interference from nearby devices, and/or skywave radio propagation (skip) from other transmitters.

wise871

Database Admin
I also can confirm, no data burt on my end either on 460.075. Maybe something local interfering. As far as the 460.275, that is the state interop. If I don't have tones added I will get an signal but no audio. It's coming from Escambia County.

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
OK. thanks everyone. It might be My Kenwood V71A's. I get the machine gun type sound on the mobile in the SUV while driving around town. A long burst then 2 short ones. It's in different places. I will have to make a mental note as to where I am when it happens. Will need to do more research on if the HP2 or the 651 does it.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Machine gun sound is probably Mototrbo intermod. Ham rigs often have less ability to reject off frequency signals due to their nature and price point. 2 second bursts sound like Capacity Plus or Linked Capacity Plus Rest Channel outbound transmissions. My guess is to look in the 460-465.0 mhz and 450-455.0 mhz for corresponding actual signals. TT

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Ok. I get it at 3 different places in town. One is a busy intersection, Beal and the ME cutoff and the other is near kmart farther down Beal. The other is near Taco town on Race track. so it's interference. Both areas have fire stations close by so I don't think they would be sending stuff.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
On May 12 2017 did a small road trip with a buddy and I used my 436hp and FWBPD Disp is on DMR. So far it is clear on both sides. It has been updated to RRDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.