RNC - Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
Is there any indication what system and talkgroups will be used during the RNC? I know that during the Cavs parade and rally, Cleveland Police used the "Region" talkgroups. Would make sense that is what will be used during the RNC. Secret Service, not so much.

budevans

Cavs Parade and Rally TG's

Is there any indication what system and talkgroups will be used during the RNC? I know that during the Cavs parade and rally, Cleveland Police used the "Region" talkgroups. Would make sense that is what will be used during the RNC. Secret Service, not so much.

Also in use on GCRCN, the Special Events Talk Groups:
CPD K9 Units 56148, CPD SWAT 56149, CPD Helicopter 56150, CPD Traffic Control 56151, CPD Bomb Squad 56158 and Towing 56137. You should also expect the following TG's for the RCN: CPD Special Events 1 56134 and CPD Special Events 2 56135.

Region Interop:
Region Interop 2 56030 Overall operational command, CPD, Fire and EMS.
Region Interop 3 56031 Senior CPD operations command.
Region Interop 4 56032 CPD Chief, Public Safety Director and Mayor Staff.

Expect MARCS-IP to have OSP, various County Sheriffs, DAS, ODNR and National Guard TG's.

Last edited:

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
They are using a DMR CAP+ temporary system at the arena that is very active. I have not mapped out the LCN's but the frequencies are

budevans

GCRCN LEERN patch active

The GCRCN LEERN patch on TG56218 has been active since yesterday. You might want to add this to your monitoring list.

FYI, there are 73 Agencies providing support for the RNC. A Central Coordination Center (a.k.a. Command Center) has been setup to coordinate these resources. With 73 Agencies communicating on VHF, UHF conventional and various P25 Trunk systems, there should be plenty to hear.

budevans

B&C Communications DMR TRBO TG1308

I've been monitoring a new Talk Group 1308 on the B&C Communications DMR TRBO system. A group of workers arrived two days ago with trucks and gear, including tow motors.

The 1308 Talk Group is most active starting in the early evening and continues past midnight. They have been working in the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland near Mall C and the Hilton Hotel. They are also in the area's near Quicken Loans Arena.

budevans

Region Interop and Area Com active GCRCN

Yesterday both Region Interop and Area Coms performed multiple radio checks on both groups TG's on GCRCN.

This morning I'm hearing traffic on Region Interop 15 coordinating the arrival of guests, luggage pickup and transportation from Hopkins.

Area Com 16 is also active.

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Heard a lot of traffic on Region 15 Interop as well (entertainment, getting permits, etc).

Also, Columbus and Findlay OSP is showing up quite a bit.

tripleplay905

So are there police units designated full time for all calls in the area around the RNC? Just trying to understand who is getting dispatched on these EOC talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.