PDX Metro info. please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup all:

Couple of questions please.

-I assume that based on the info. in the database the Multnomah County Sheriff dispatch also handles police dispatching for the cities of Gresham PD, Troutdale PD, Fairview PD on talkgroup 20816?

-Is the Oregon Dept. of Forestry or the Oregon Bureau of Land Management equivalent to Cal Fire? Which Area/District (frequencies) cover(s) the Portland Metro?

-And I have the ODOT incident response talkgroup from PPSRS loaded into my scanner, but I never hear any activity? Do they not use the talkgroup on the 800 system?

Thanks kindly!

DickH

... And I have the ODOT incident response talkgroup from PPSRS loaded into my scanner, but I never hear any activity? Do they not use the talkgroup on the 800 system? ...

What is PPSRS?
Re. ODOT. My rather old list shows the following Talk Groups for ODOT: 17008, 17072 & 17168.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
-I assume that based on the info. in the database the Multnomah County Sheriff dispatch also handles police dispatching for the cities of Gresham PD, Troutdale PD, Fairview PD on talkgroup 20816?

Yes, this is correct.

-And I have the ODOT incident response talkgroup from PPSRS loaded into my scanner, but I never hear any activity? Do they not use the talkgroup on the 800 system?

I'm assuming PPSRS is the Portland Public Safety Radio System. I've seen an newspaper article that said ODOT IR uses a variety of radio channels. In addition to the three talkgroups DickH mentioned, I think they may also use Department of Transportation Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and possibly police channels as needed.

Morning:

I'm using the 396xt.

Yep PPSRS = Portland Public Safety Radio System.

Those are the 3 groups I have programmed in. I saw the Dept. of Transportation reference as well but wasn't sure if those are what the Incident Response uses.

Thanks All!

Last edited:

PaulNDaOC

-Is the Oregon Dept. of Forestry or the Oregon Bureau of Land Management equivalent to Cal Fire? Which Area/District (frequencies) cover(s) the Portland Metro?
I would not say either agencies are the equivalent to the mission of Cal Fire which is a full-service fire agency that plays a huge role in local fire protection and EMS in communities and counties across the state.

BLM is a federal agency, not state, that administers huge amounts of federal lands not inside forests and national parks.

ODF state wildland agency..

I think the closest you'll find ODF facilities to PDX is Western Washington County near Forest Grove and Columbia County in Columbia City.

Baker845

ODOT in the Portland area will be some time by the end of the year be moving to the Oregon State Radio Project trunk radio system.

mjohnston4

ODF Forest Grove covers parts of Washington, Tillamook and Yamhill Counties. There is also ODF Unit that covers Clackamas County, they run out of Molalla. USFS covers the Mt Hood National Forest.

boycesm

Sup all:

Thanks kindly!

Troutdale was absorbed by Multnomah County Sheriffs Office, but they are still on the same talkgroup.

boycesm

I won't mind listening to the S.O. but have little interest in activity in Gresham, Troutdale, &/or Fairview.
Now that they are switching radios it would be almost impossible, but if you could get all the Gresham/Fairview Unit ID's you could lock them out.

Now that they are switching radios it would be almost impossible, but if you could get all the Gresham/Fairview Unit ID's you could lock them out.

Not a bad idea. I'll look into that.

So, I'm still not having any luck hearing the ODOT incident response. I've programmed the freqs. listed on the ODOT page and their IDs on the PPSRS. Any ideas?

Baker845

17008 427 A ODOT ODOT LINK 154.100
17072 42b A ODOT IR TAC1 ODOT Incident Response (Tac 1)
17168 431 A ODOT IR ODOT Incident Response / Region 1 Dispatch

those are Talkgroups above to hear ODOT IR in Portland area. I would check your scanner settings or programming. 154.100 is one of the VHF repeaters used in Portland as well. TG 17008 listed above links to it.

Well, I guess since I'm bugging you folks, I'll push my luck. What freqs. does the Coast Guard use along the rivers around the airport and downtown? Boats, Helos., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.