My Very Temporary Set-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I'm moving into a new house and this is my very temporary set up, which doesn't include a 996P2, a couple of Motorola portables, and a 250D.

Attachments

• Radio Set up on the counter.jpg
    Radio Set up on the counter.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,319

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nice job! My coffee make is the same also. You must not have a wife screaming about her counter space?! :lol: 73, n9zas

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Looks like a fine place. I would mount them below. Then, you will have a bar height counter to eat, and your radios will be at table height, allowing you to use a regular chair for sitting at the radio counter. You might need a door or shield to protect them from knees. Are you going to mount external antennas?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Looks like a fine place. I would mount them below. Then, you will have a bar height counter to eat, and your radios will be at table height, allowing you to use a regular chair for sitting at the radio counter. You might need a door or shield to protect them from knees. Are you going to mount external antennas?

Since he said it is a very temporary setup I am thinking he won't do anything very permanent until he gets his "radio spot" situated in his new place.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
"Radio spot" might imply "hidden away spot." Seeing his picture really got me thinking, "why not have them in the vicinity of where you do your living." Lots of money tied up in radios, no reason not to have them close by, also including family time into the hobby.

SCPD

QRT
That's a winner!. Make your breakfast and listen all scanners and radios without missing any action.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
LOL you guys are great! It's a very temporary spot because when the wife gets here she's going to say NO to their current location - you married guys should have known that right off the bat! :cool: Yes I will be mounting external antennas, when they get here from Arizona. And the set up won't look much different when it gets moved - it'll just be on a desk!

As for the coffee pot, gentlemen, they are great for about 6 months and then you have to replace them. This one is only a couple of months old and still brews pretty quickly!

Have a great day everyone and thanks for the laughs at your comments!

Mike

gewecke

Banned
LOL you guys are great! It's a very temporary spot because when the wife gets here she's going to say NO to their current location - you married guys should have known that right off the bat! :cool: Yes I will be mounting external antennas, when they get here from Arizona. And the set up won't look much different when it gets moved - it'll just be on a desk!

As for the coffee pot, gentlemen, they are great for about 6 months and then you have to replace them. This one is only a couple of months old and still brews pretty quickly!

Mike
Oh so you DO have a wifey ... Oh,oh ... better that counter cleaned off pronto! :D. Thankfully I'm happily divorced, so I have a license to make messes. 73, n9zas

gewecke

Banned
Btw Mike, where did you find the mounts for your Uniden radios? Those are nice. :). 73, n9zas

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Cant blame you for moving out of New York. When I get the time and funds, I plan on doing the same.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
gewecke - they are from Scanner Master. A bit expensive but they are very handy! Some other guys on here have made their own out of wood, plexi-glass and I even saw pictured on here of cardboard!

KD2DXF - Hey Matt, yes sir right after retiring I jumped ship and was one of the MANY that moved out of NY. I even read that last year was the first year that more people moved OUT of New York than moved IN to the state!

Mike

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
gewecke - they are from Scanner Master. A bit expensive but they are very handy! Some other guys on here have made their own out of wood, plexi-glass and I even saw pictured on here of cardboard!

Mike

Another option is using a solid board across the top and bottom (like a 1" x whatever) and then peg board on both sides - just make sure the peg board is cut so that the peg holes line up on each side then use the thumb screws from the scanner (for the bracket) to mount it, through matching peg holes.

PACNWDude

Very nice base station radios. I have a very similar way of mounting mine to the power supplies. Tessco has been good for the matched case for the radio and power supply for my uses too.

These make for good modules that can be moved around and placed as needed, thus "temporary". My radios often get moved, and used in different locations often. That is why I do this.

Thank you for sharing. Great setup.

Out1982

Mike

Ha! Yeah. I can imagine my wife's reaction to that lot in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.