Need your recommendation please : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowlac

Hi, please forgive me I'm a total newbie and thank you in advance. I'm looking to get a scanner to listen into my area but am totally unaware of what requirements I need in a scanner to do so. All I do know is that it digital and bell fleetnet- zone 3. The area is Kirkland Lake in the timiskaming district. What do I need? Thanks again

mciupa

Are you carrying it around with you? ... going mobile in your vehicle? ... keeping it at home with an external antenna? ... budget restrictions?

A good handheld that won't break the bank is the Uniden BCD 396XT. Others may have experiences with other models so I'll let them chime in.

Dowlac

Thank you for replying mciupa : ) I would just be keeping it at home. I'm not looking to spend an outrageous amount, I am on a budget, but with that being said I also realize you get what you pay for, and if I need to save first I will. Thanks again for your recommendation :) I'll research it

mchart13

Are you carrying it around with you? ... going mobile in your vehicle? ... keeping it at home with an external antenna? ... budget restrictions?

A good handheld that won't break the bank is the Uniden BCD 396XT. Others may have experiences with other models so I'll let them chime in.

Agree with mciupa, had my BCD 396XT for years now and I use it all the time, Canada and USA.
It great when travelling Planes,Trains, Buses, Automobiles ( almost named a movie there lol) and just so you know I use it in my car when I travel from GTA to Kapuskasing 3-4 times a year and never miss a beat to whole strech 401-400-11 or 12-11. I'll listen to OPP, MOH, MNR and of course when weather is bad to our good folks MTO who keep those highways open. So not sure yet want you want to listen to but the 396 will do the trick for you up in Kirkland Lake including Air, trains ( at least freight still runs), taxi, fire....
It's portable but yet you can use it mobile or in house with antennas converted down to SMA connector.

Oops forgot to mentio you can also listen to me and fellow hams off the KL repeater and others in the area

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.